2000 F350 7.3L | M1 5w-40 | 1,150mi & 3.6 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled a sample just to check after over 3.6 years on the oil. The previous oil change was 11/1/2013 and this oil change was done 7/1/2017 with 53,350 on the clock. The truck obviously sits a lot and is not driven in the winter. When I do get it out, it's for longer drives (Generally more than 50 miles round trip) so it gets fully warmed up. I was worried about going this long, but it doesn't appear to be a problem per Blackstone.

Please let me know when you are planning to sell your F350
grin.gif

Another MN barn baby. I bought a 99 this spring with 72k. Shes getting a regular workout now pulling 5th wheel and enclosed car hauler

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
grin.gif

+1

Such low miles on an awesome truck. One of the best engines ever made. I grew up around these trucks, and still turn around when I hear one drive by, which isn't frequent these days.

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071
grin.gif

+1

Such low miles on an awesome truck. One of the best engines ever made. I grew up around these trucks, and still turn around when I hear one drive by, which isn't frequent these days.

I had no less than three Ford 6.0 diesels in the parking lot at O'Reilly at a given point yesterday. All needed some sort of parts. Most 7.3s that come are for oil+filter and/or fuel filters, so just maintenance type stuff. I have a friend with a 7.3 with over 200k in his F-550 and that thing is an incredibly reliable beast - if not a bit slow, then again it's a bucket truck not a regular pickup so it weighs a lot, and I think the slowness is from gearing. Sounds good though, straight-piped
smile.gif

The only Ford diesel I would buy or recommend is a 7.3. It seems the new 6.7 is OK, but not enough out there with high miles and many years on them to tell, though I've heard several horror stories.

The Mo and the Ca/Mg ratio do not look like what we usually see with M1 TDT. If I knew you did not know better, I would say this is Rotella T6 5w-40 showing its "undepleted" or "unmasked" VOA level of boron.

grin.gif

I thought the same exact thing. I'll give you asking price.

Originally Posted By: dogememe
a 7.3 with over 200k in his F-550 and that thing is an incredibly reliable beast - if not a bit slow, then again it's a bucket truck not a regular pickup so it weighs a lot, and I think the slowness is from gearing.

All of the "Medium & Heavy Duty" trucks are de-tuned for longevity.

Recently, there has been some exceptions - the new 6.7 in the F450 gets the same tune as the F350.

However, F550 and up will be de-tuned on purpose. Cummins is the same way.

Some of these medium duty trucks see FULL THROTTLE for hours on end.
They have to be de-tuned or they would burn up.

We had an old GMC with a 366 and an Allison... that thing was such a dog, it NEVER saw less than full throttle. Same thing for my buddy with an ex-AT&T truck - F700 Ford 361 and automatic. Full throttle 100% of the time.

Yet more proof that the mantra of " ... or one year, whichever comes first" is a total farce.

Oil/filters have no idea how old they are in use.

I would never hesitate to run up to 5 years on low mileage equipment with today's products.

grin.gif

I think he should just drive northwest a ways and I'll store it for him, and maybe make sure it gets some miles.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back