Oil Analysis for unknown oil in a new to me 99 F35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing that a oil test kit from NAPA is only $15 would it be of any benefit to test not knowing the current fill oil?
Bought the 99 F350 dually diesel with 74k on the meter and had a fresh oil change but no note of what oil used.
Should I just check the oil after I get done with a trip back from TX in the spring when the oil will be of known brand as oil will be changed before heading down to south TX, I hope if Harvey doesn't float my camper away

I would change the oil and not bother testing it.
For all you know the PO or dealership threw in some non C-rated oil to save money.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
I would change the oil and not bother testing it.
For all you know the PO or dealership threw in some non C-rated oil to save money.

Your probably correct. The first two weeks of October will put the barn baby on the road for over 6k miles. A fresh change of good oil and filter will tide it over till it comes home in the spring.

I had that happen on one of my diesels.
A nephew of the original owner had inherited the truck and was unfamiliar with the requirements of a diesel.
He threw in some non-C rated oil and put a for sale sign on it.
Fortunately, he had left a quart container in the cab and I asked him about it.
He had just performed the oil change so I was not worried about damage.
Its been a great truck.

Hey, you have the wrong dipstick. Its supposed to have the crosshatches on the front of the stick, not the back.

You have the one for Australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back