CUT OPEN -Factory Installed NISSAN 15208-9E01A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factor installed original filter 15208-9E01A from my Nissan Frontier. Changed at 5K miles and installed a SuperTech ST9688.

nissan-filter-(1).jpg

nissan-filter-(2).jpg

nissan-filter-(3).jpg

nissan-filter-(4).jpg

nissan-filter-(5).jpg

nissan-filter-(6).jpg

nissan-filter-(7)a.jpg

nissan-filter-(8).jpg

I have used a few in my 4.0 Pathfinder (same motor and front end as your Frontier) it's a good quality filter and one of the better choices for the truck. In the winter I like to run a Fram Ultra for two 5,000 mile OCI so I don't have to bother changing it. I don't care to leave the filters on so long in this app since they are so small although there are plenty of Nissan 4.0 V6 engines out there with well over 200k so I guess we should not worry so much.

Thanks for the cut & paste

That thing is pretty stout looking. Curious why you replaced with a Supertech rather than get another one of these OEM units? This filter looks to be close to WIX / Napa Gold quality construction. Is this off of a new vehicle?

I agree it does look good. I wonder what the effiency is?? I'm sure it is works well enough.

Originally Posted By: Hadrien
That thing is pretty stout looking. Curious why you replaced with a Supertech rather than get another one of these OEM units? This filter looks to be close to WIX / Napa Gold quality construction. Is this off of a new vehicle?

The SuperTech I already had in my stash and needed to use it up. As to why I did not go OEM again? They are a $8-$9+ filter both at my local dealer and online most places I have looked. I can get and and already gotten, bulk purchase of FRAM Pro (Ultra) that get my cost to under $6 per filter and will be what I am running next.

As you've obviously determined, no reason to think the ST9688 won't be fine for a ~5k mile oci.

As for Nissan OF efficiency, very doubtful any 'authoritative' information can be found. Just the way the OEM OF efficiency generally is, proprietary. If I was to 'speculate' could only compare to what is known about the couple/few Asian oem filters with some efficiency information posted on bitog. Still be just speculation though.

Hi Hootbro:

Thanks for posting these pictures. This is the filter I've used on my 95 Maxima since new. The part number back then was different but then changed to this after a few years. I'm pretty sure the ones in the 90's and maybe even 2000's came from Japan but now they are from Mexico and I think I may have seen them from Thailand too. Good to see that the board thinks these are decent filters too!

I posted a couple months ago. I changed the oil in my neighbors 2016 Frontier. The filter and oil was in for 22K! Factory fill. I cut open filter and it was fine. I also put a supertech 9688 on. I have another one ready to go on. This time will be at 5K.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
I posted a couple months ago. I changed the oil in my neighbors 2016 Frontier. The filter and oil was in for 22K! Factory fill. I cut open filter and it was fine. I also put a supertech 9688 on. I have another one ready to go on. This time will be at 5K.
That's a good way to loose a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back