Dodge Hellcat Lube Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
So because they can't get to fixing the issue till 9/22 does one drive till she blows or just kick the cat and replace on ones own?

They will probably tell people to not drive the cars. The new GT350/R had an oil line recall and owners were told to not drive the cars until parts were available.

Nice to tell a new owner of a 65k plus car to park it!
I believe the GT350 was 20k less in price too.
If it were me I would just have a good stainless braid hose made and drive. Not enough season around here to be down a month or more

Last edited:
They said the same thing to we Transit drivers if we're over 30K-don't drive it, except to the dealership for repairs (bad driveshaft coupling), then every 30K for another one! Quality is Job One! Another better idea! Fix Or Repair Daily!!

Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
And I was going to trade my Scat Pack on a Hellcat. Glad I didn't.

I looked at the Hellcat too because good deals were galore especially because the Demon is coming out but the 6.4 is plenty of power and without all the extra blower etc..to give you issues.
I don't know about you but the 6.4 is a daily driver for my wife and so far we are impressed with the gas mileage and power. I like the simplicity of alot of power in a natural aspiration engine.

Possibly just another example of Manufacturer Supply Line issues, getting common with offshore manufacturers. Chinese suppliers in particular have a tendency to substitute materials or procedures after the firm is vetted and the product is approved.

Of course it might just be a manufacturer's production issue that was not caught in periodic quality control monitoring, but it seems in this case the line itself is substandard and unsuitable for use in the application, rather than a typical manufacturing defect, which points to the first issue rather than the second.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
Originally Posted By: SilverSnake
And I was going to trade my Scat Pack on a Hellcat. Glad I didn't.

I looked at the Hellcat too because good deals were galore especially because the Demon is coming out but the 6.4 is plenty of power and without all the extra blower etc..to give you issues. I don't know about you but the 6.4 is a daily driver for my wife and so far we are impressed with the gas mileage and power. I like the simplicity of alot of power in a natural aspiration engine.

The deals on the Hellcats in Tampa are incredible. They had a Hellcat Charger at Jerry Ulm for $13K off MSRP. Only adds were a dealer fee of $599, tax, and tag. I probably would have bought it but I could not get there fast enough due to daily cancer treatments. Somebody else grabbed it. I feel sorry for the guys that paid huge ADMs on these cars when they first came out. It pays to wait.

My Scat Pack is just a toy. Had it for about 10 months and it only has 2K miles. Never been in the rain or even washed. I just dust it off when needed and put another coat of LG on it. I absolutely love the car. The engine and transmission combination is incredible. I take it to car shows and it gets a lot of attention.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bioburner
So because they can't get to fixing the issue till 9/22 does one drive till she blows or just kick the cat and replace on ones own?

Isn't it nice that the manufacturers of vehicles we buy are now telling us not to drive them? Unbelievable. At least the thing can't really kill you like the Takata air bags.

I'd probably replace the lines with better ones myself so I could at least drive the thing. You know if you drive it and it blows up then they likely won't cover it now that an announcement has been made. The recall is basically so they won't have to replace any engines lost as a result until parts are available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back