Kymco scooter transmission gear oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manual says Recommended Gear Oil: SAE90. Can I use some left over Red Line 75W90 Gear Oil? It is rated GL-5+. Are there brass parts in a CVT scooter transmission?

Its only the final drive that gets gear oil so no synchro rings etc. The auto-transmission is belt and cone and is not lubricated.

I use 75/90 GL5 in my scooter final drive - it's just some spur gears. I guess it picks up about 0.01 hp with the reduced drag...and you can really feel it.

I never found brass parts in my final drive gearbox of my Piaggio scooter, I used Motul Gear 300 75W90, fully synthetic. I figured the less friction losses the better in a 125cc scooter.

I wouldn't consider it a lifetime fill, even tough I know people that changed their gear oil for the first time after 30.000 miles, I changed mine after 1500 miles and then after 1500 miles again, and the gearbox oil was dirty. And were Bitog members after all, there's no lifetime fill for us :)

I use M1 75W90 Synthetic in all my scoots with ZERO issues. You'll be fine. Even in the two that call for 10w40 motor oil (Honda Elite 250 and Honda Helix)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back