VW Tiguan Commercial- King Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.
The commercial is fine but the new Tiguan looks like a 80's Dodge-Plymouth Omni-Horizon....... from the front.
Very frumpy for a new ride. The 80's just called..........

Yeah, but there's lots of cars that keep their old styling. Like Jeep still has round headlights. Mercedes still has that chrome grill which has probably been around since the 50's.

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
Yeah, but there's lots of cars that keep their old styling. Like Jeep still has round headlights. Mercedes still has that chrome grill which has probably been around since the 50's.

Like a Porsche? But the front on this thing is ugly.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Agreed. Previous Tiguan was kind of cute. This new one is blah... but I am hard to please, so maybe it's just me.

I saw them in person passing local VW dealer and really think they look many fold better and did not even know it was a Tiguan. The previous Tiguan to me was a mess and reminded me of first gen Acura RDX with those ugly and fat curves.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I like it. I like the music in the commercial too.

I liked the ad , it helps that i'm an ELO/Jeff Lynn fan.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I think it looks better than the previous generation and it also looks better than it's competition.

Disagreed. I'd take either of those over the VW.

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavant
The commercial is fine but the new Tiguan looks like a 80's Dodge-Plymouth Omni-Horizon....... from the front.
Very frumpy for a new ride. The 80's just called..........

Now if they could last as long as those legendary cars...

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I like it. I like the music in the commercial too.

I liked the ad , it helps that i'm an ELO/Jeff Lynn fan.

Me too.......Jeff Lynn is an amazing talent.

There's a 2nd Tiguan ad with the owner climbing the corporate ladder, but from each office she can see her orange Tiguan surrounded by boring silver and black cars on the parking deck...I thought it was clever.

I like the Tiguan and Atlas, and if we can make a deal work, will dump the '16 CRV for one of those when the lease is up.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
I think it looks better than the previous generation and it also looks better than it's competition.

That Rav4....
sick.gif
sick.gif

Gonna be a little biased here, but I like what VW has been doing with their styling. Instead of being all flashy and curvy, all the model line-up is subtle. The interiors are simple as well. Heck even my GTI is more squared off then our Camry. I think as the cars age the VW's will still look good while the trend of cars with extreme "curves" will be outdated.

Originally Posted By: Delta
Gonna be a little biased here, but I like what VW has been doing with their styling. Instead of being all flashy and curvy, all the model line-up is subtle. The interiors are simple as well. Heck even my GTI is more squared off then our Camry. I think as the cars age the VW's will still look good while the trend of cars with extreme "curves" will be outdated.

i agree you concerning VAG and their incremental styling changes. I recently turned in my 2015 Passat TDI for the dieselgate buyback and rolled the windfall towards a 2017 Audi A4. Even though the A4 is totally changed in every aspect from the 2016 model it takes a keen eye to pickout what has changed. So those who bought a 2016 are not instantly feeling dated in less than 6 months. The major difference on the 2017 is the clamshell hood that hides the line btwn the hood and fender into a double line that runs the length of the car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dbias
The major difference on the 2017 is the clamshell hood that hides the line btwn the hood and fender into a double line that runs the length of the car.

But there are also fairly significant changes on the inside, including the all digital dashboard option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back