Any decent aftermarket motor mounts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buying for a 2007 Chrysler Pacifica 4.0. The price discrepancy between aftermarket brands and the Mopar brands is huge. $16 vs $200 each, and there are three mounts. Problem is, I haven't seen anything good written about aftermarket mount brands like Anchor and Westar. It's not the easiest job to do, so I don't want to be doing it again in a year or two. That said, the OEM mounts are known to be problematic. Is there any decent aftermarket brand?

Generally, OEM are best. Sometimes you can get lucky with Beck Arnley mounts and get repackaged OEM ones. The cheap mounts (DEA, Westar, etc..) are usually absolute garbage.

Corteco ,Lemforder, and Febi/Bilstein are all high quality aftermarkets if you can find them.

Last edited:
I've learned my lesson with aftermarket mounts (DEA, Anchor). Almost every single one I put in I had to do over. Looking back, totally not worth it and never will do that again. Nothing quite like the OEM mounts.

You might have different luck though.
15.gif

No! Not at any price. OEM or upgrade to urethane if you like vibration. Aftermarket even solid instead of fluid filled do not last at all. It's almost a joke how bad they are.

Originally Posted By: Audios
Corteco ,Lemforder, and Febi/Bilstein are all high quality aftermarkets if you can find them.

Some, not all Corteco and Lemforder are halfway decent for some German cars but Febi are poor quality parts (read mid level Chinese) and don't deserve the Bilstein brand name. I bought their VW exhaust hangers and threw them away, they were not even worth installing or sending back (the $20 they cost put me in free shipping).
A set From VW is over $90 vs less than $20 for the Febi, the $90+ was well spent.

Aftermarket mounts in general are beyond very poor quality, most poly mounts will rattle your teeth loose, buy OE and complain about the price once then forget it.
Febi, Uro, Rein, Flennor, Meyle and a few others are mid grade/poor to beyond very poor quality parts and should be avoided.

Welll, I just got some Febi ; Bilstein motor mounts for a Volvo 245, haven't installed them yet, overlaid sticker over Febi said "made in India". My experience was that in many areas, (tools, DVD blanks, auto parts, etc.) was that Indian stuff was the worst.Overflow tank on 245 was MTC made in India. They apparently are significantly cheaper than China AND Vietnam / Thailand, which doesn't say good things.

Think twice before cheaping out as some motor mounts are a RPITA to replace. How'd you like to do that job twice? And pay for new OEM ON TOP OF the junk that failed early?

Insult, injury & frustration upon your head! Caveat Emptor!

I'd cast a VERY wide net and let it sink VERY DEEP if I were you to find a discount on OEM. I do this regularly for OEM VOLVO parts.

I did both hydraulic MM's last year myself. Front was OK. Rear....RPITA. I sure wish I owned a lift. Got 'er done though. Lemforder makes the OEM mounts for Volvo.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I did both hydraulic MM's last year myself. Front was OK. Rear....RPITA. I sure wish I owned a lift. Got 'er done though. Lemforder makes the OEM mounts for Volvo.

Yeah, unless you can buy the actual "OEM" part (like the Lemforder for your Volvo and similarly for my BMW) I've found that aftermarket mounts are pretty bad - such as the ones from India or China that they sell for my Asian cars.

Supposedly the NAPA Drive Tech line is good. All the sales literature states OE quality/design. They have a different part number, and are more expensive than the regular Balkamp mounts- which are just remembered Anchor.

I've got a few out there and so far no problem, but only time will tell.

Thanks, everyone. I appreciate it.

The Eric: I've seen the NAPA listings as well and had given them some thought. There's just not much out there about this line. How long have yours been installed? This is probably a 5 year car for us at this point.

Best motor mounts are OEM. I've installed DEA mounts before and had issues with fit to the point that I had to take out the drill and correct them. The DEA mounts have only lasted me a year tops before needing to be replaced again; cheap Chinese rubber. I recommend you go to a dealer parts website and search for the correct motor mounts for your car. Then just copy the part number and search for it on ebay. I've bought OEM parts for 1/3 of the price or even less this way for my Hyundai.

Hi.

I found a decent brand , good quality, excellent warranty policy (5 years), they sell on ebay and amazon, its called EagleBHP, so far customer service was surprisingly efficient, and they claim to have always the late model mounts, the store was Autoenginemounts, I hope that helps.

Originally Posted by mipinero
Hi.

I found a decent brand , good quality, excellent warranty policy (5 years), they sell on ebay and amazon, its called EagleBHP, so far customer service was surprisingly efficient, and they claim to have always the late model mounts, the store was Autoenginemounts, I hope that helps.

shill
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted by mipinero
Hi.

If the quality was good, why would you need customer service?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back