Harvey's Coming to Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
All spaghetti plots of Tropical Wave Harvey are converging on spinning out over San Antonio. Gulf water temp at Corpus Christi area is 89°F, so Harvey may strengthen quickly as it travels to us.

Glad that our house is at the top of a hill on the north side of town. Weather folks are predicting feet of rain wherever it spins out. I remember Allison in Houston a while back floating empty oil tanker semi trucks.

Last edited:
This is definitely going to be interesting to see how this plays out. I'm right behind Park North and also glad to be at close to the top of a hill.

Lol I live right where it's going to land, 3-4 miles from the coast. Not afriad. These weather predictions are always off

Last edited:
Yea, my wife is supposed to go over to her mom's Friday in Deer Park for the weekend, she may not now.
I am not worried here in Katy, but Deer Park, floods way to easy.

LermeLaPorte, guess you are in La Porte? Used to work for their EMS service. Sister-in-law lives in La Porte, with the MIL and BIL in Deer Park.

Problem is with the prediction is it is showing 10-15" of rain from Corpus to New Orleans and 150 miles inland.
We are going to get some rain.
Hopefully no storm surge problems from this one for those on the coast or bay.

Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
Lol I live right where it's going to land, 3-4 miles from the coast. Not afriad. These weather predictions are always off

I live in New Jersey and they were right on the money, even a week out, for Sandy. So sometimes they earn their pay

Don

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
I learned to disregard all storm hype and predictions after Andrew '92.

I was in south FL when Andrew hit, very strong winds but the hurricane had little rain. The amount of water in the streets looked like a normal 10 minute rain shower.

Hurricane Harvey will bring lots of flooding to certain parts of the region that will make it even worse and much longer to get the power restored. I saw electrical linesmen a far away from Virginia in south FL to restore power after Andrew.

I was living north of Houston when Ike hit,and it was crazy!! I remember sitting there and suddenly my attic door in the ceiling blew open,and the furnace door blew open and almost off the hinges.

I don't live there - but my camp is at Matagorda bay - going to be a mess to clean up in a week -
confused2.gif

Looks like a really serious event.
This is a time not to be on the Texas Gulf Coast.
Wonder how Galveston will fare?

They say it's supposed to stall out over the coast for a bit and pump water like a machine 'for days'. Let's hope it doesn't come to that

Ask my wife about what I told her Wednesday pm. I told her that the circulation was tight and very well defined in the satellite picture on Wednesday evening. I told her it would rapidly intensify into a cat 3 or 4 hurricane by landfall. I was rather surprised that the people in the Weather channel did not pick up on this feature Wednesday evening. A tight circulation with very light winds aloft and water temps exceeding 30°C it would be a recipe for rapid development. Ohh and go back to Hurricane Wilma's super rapid intensification from a 75 mph cat 1 storm into a cat 5 in less than 16 hours. This can happen in the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea with the right atmospheric conditions present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back