Honda CVT HCF2 or Redline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the last one at about 60K or so, first was at 15K due to work done on CVT...both with Honda fluid. It now has 80K and i'm thinking its time for another soon. You can find the Honda fluid fairly reasonable on Amazon or Ebay.

When I had my Accord I just used the factory fluid, It's reasonable enough. Severe service is 25K in the Accord. I do 95% highway so the code came on at 50k. I did a 10k service and the fluid was pretty clear.

I would not use an aftermarket fluid in a CVT that's still under warranty, personally. I seriously doubt Redline is any better for your transmission or works any better in your transmission that the OEM Honda fluid.

Castrol makes a good CVT fluid. Advance/Carquest has it on sale until the end of the month 2 for $11 (must buy in multiples of two). That's $5.50/qt, which beats Amazon's price.

Change it as suggested by the minder
smile.gif

I was under the impression that all CVT's do not use the same fluid. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll stick with Honda brand.

Like said, if it's still under warranty, I'd at least make sure the CVT juice you use is the same color as the OEM fluid. At this point I've seen amber, red, blue and green fluids and IIRC, there is also orange.

I ordered my hcf-2 online from college hills Honda. I'd rather use genuine cvt fluid for this cvt since Cvts I've heard can be picky. Just keep up on changes and you shouldn't have a problem. Anyway. They deal with online orders and are reasonable. I paid $9 and change per quart.

That's not bad. I ordered from college hills honda and it was $9 and change a quart. I was content with it. I didn't think of eBay though. Good to know.

We had a '10 Honda Insight we sold about 2 years ago. And I could never find cheap Honda CVT fluid anywhere.

But, that said, we put 180K on it without a single (non-maintenance) repair. I alway recommend using the Honda Fluid when their transmissions are concerned. And change it often. Honda does not make an extremely strong transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back