"Total" engine oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it like the cereal? With the same amount of additives as 12 quarts of PP, 11 of Mobil1, and 13 of QSUD?
lol.gif

Great French company, Total. They have the best looking building of any lubricant company.
Tour-Total.jpg

Last edited:
Some in the Mercedes crowd seem to like it, but I think that's just because it's foreign. I've yet to see anything that says it's clearly better than Mobil or Castrol so there's no point paying a premium for the oil because it's harder to get here in the US.

They have been more and more visible in Canada in the last few years,
I often see their products in gas station convenience stores.

Total has a blending/bottling/distribution center in Montreal Quebec.

They are certainly trying to enter the US market. They bought up a lot of Texaco stations in the Caribbean and are trying to get market share in vehicle and industrial lubes.

Total Quartz 7000 Energy 10W40 blend.
Blotter Spot at 10370 miles........ I consider as good ..
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4412073/Re:_Can_I_delay_this_oil_chang#Post4412073

Yes i use Total Oils in two different cars,very pleased with the performance and their customer service.The Quartz 9000 Synthetic range are Group III/IV blends.Ineo is their top tier Synthetic.

Last edited:
What is it called? FCPA tower. They already have enough US market to be fined in the US for corruption abroad - hope the new CEO reins this in ...

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Pronounced Toe-Tal.

Yep. The Tal rhymes with Hal.

Oui, monsieur.
grin.gif

My Honda dealer uses Total syn as its bulk oil, so good enough but certainly not exotic.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Pronounced Toe-Tal.

Emphasis on the second syllable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back