2 Cycle oil / gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
What have you all seen happen if oil / gas is accidentally used in your standard flat head economy B&S lawn mower ?

Thanks , :)

Last edited:
Use it all the time. Like to keep the gas fresh in the little 2 strokers so if the mix gets more than a month old it goes into the riding mower. No issues and same goes for the mixed outboard motor fuel.

I've done it for years, whenever I have extra 2-cycle gas lying around. I just put some Techron in it later to keep the carbon buildup away.

I do the same thing. If the 2-stroke mix is getting near end-of-season and I have nothing for it to go in, it gets used in the next piece of 4-stroke OPE I have to run before winter. I try not to run it full-strength, like half straight gas, half 2-stroke mix if I'm able. If there's still some left over, it goes in my 1985 Ford pickup which doesn't really care what goes in it, within reason.

The last construction company I worked we mixed all the gas for small equipment because we were afraid the workers would put straight gas in the saws.
Never had a issue with any of the Generators or pumps that were four strokes. Probably even good for them.

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
I do the same thing. If the 2-stroke mix is getting near end-of-season and I have nothing for it to go in, it gets used in the next piece of 4-stroke OPE I have to run before winter.

+1

Nothing will happen....since almost all modern 2stroke oils are low ash or ashless technology....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back