MICROGUARD #MGL 57899 5,000 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good rainy afternoon BITOG
smile.gif

My brothers co worker is in town and this filter is off his new to him 16' HEMI Challenger. 11k on car and its automatic. He had M1 5w30 and this filter in and on for 5k

Put a WIX and some more M1 5w30 in and on.

I just wish Wix would use regular bypass valves instead of the combo valves.
I am sure they work, or they would not be used, but it just does not sit will with me.
I was planning on using the ST2 from now on in my truck, but after the last one I cut open, I am not sure (I may just go to the EcoGard for this size).

^^^ I am not very excited about the nitrile combo valves either. However, the filter performed it's function beautifully over the recommended OCI/FCI.

Car51 thanks for another well done cut&post.

Yeah, I never understood why they use combo valve in lower end stuff but silicone ADBV in WIX/NAPA GOLD

Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnson
What are you guy using when you cut these cans oven?

Longacre filter cutter
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: car51
Yeah, I never understood why they use combo valve in lower end stuff but silicone ADBV in WIX/NAPA GOLD

I can understand the nitril combo valve in lower end stuff (cheaper), it is just why a combo valve is some, but a regular button bypass and separate ADV in others.
Not sure if it is a center tube diameter or what.

I received a Wix made CQ Red 84502 filter for my wife's Mustang by mistake from Rockauto when they should have shipped a CQ Blue. Rockauto refunded my money and told me to keep the Red filter.

This model uses a combo valve in NAPA PS 27502 and Microgard 57502 but has seperate dome BPV and nitrile ADBV in the Wix made CQ Red. So it's not truly consistent among the lower end Wix manufactured filters as to use of combo vavle vs. separate BPV & nitrile ADBV in at least this application.

If it had the combo valve I would have given it away to someone since I had a combo valve failure on this car with a NAPA PS 27502. But since the CQ Red 84502 has seperate BPV & ADBV, I'll run it.

Last edited:
This one looks good at 5k miles, within it's intended oci/fci. This application uses a combo valve, not my first choice but for 5k miles in a reasonable time should function as designed. This one made end of March, so this oci done
As comparison the popular MGL57356(7317) and MGL51348(3614) both use separate dome bypass.

Thanks for c&p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back