2002 Chrysler Sebring starting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
For over 2 yrs now I've been having this problem. I shut the car off one day for a while, when I tried to start it nothing...everything works (lights, radio, turn signals, etc.) turn key and nothing happens. After car sits for a while it would start. Replaced starter, battery, checked all fuses, etc. A couple weeks after replacing all this it happened again. Started experimenting, moving shifter, trying to start in neutral, rocking car back and forth. Sometimes it would start. I have had her to 4 different mechanics and no one can figure this out. It always seems to happen a day or 2 after I fill the gas tank. She'll run great for months and then BAM. Yesterday, got stranded about 30 miles from home, tried everything to get her started. After a couple of hours finally gave in and had her towed home, needless to say she started and was driven off of tow truck. This is so annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

My Father in law has a 2002 Sebring Limited Convertible. His car did the same thing but in addition would sometimes blow the fuse for the fuel pump in addition. After replacing the Starter, Fuel Pump, battery and crank sensor, ended up being a faulty ignition switch that would cause the accessories to work but sometimes wouldn't give power to the started to actually start the car, was very intermittent and took a while to pinpoint the diagnosis very similar to your situation.

Had abad positive battery connector. I had it off cleaning terminals and put it back on and tightened it. Only problem is that there is a spacer
in the terminal clamp and the clamp was still loose on the terminal. Removed the space and tightened up good then.

Ignition switch or starter relay.For giggles,remove the relay and put it back in.I have found slight oxidation will cease electrical contact.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
My money is on the neutral safety switch. My Jeep has gone through a few.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back