AC Actuator not working - 03 Dodge Caravan Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vent position selector does not switch from defrost to dash to feet. I found three actuators under the dash to the right of the steering wheel. Two of the actuators work. The third one closest to the top of the dash controls the selection of vents. I was only getting AC out of the defrost windshield vents - I removed the actuator and manually moved the "gears" and now get A/C to the dash. I moved the vent selector knob and watched the actuator that I removed but it does not spin the gear in any direction. I checked power with a test bulb - power is good. I am thinking of getting a junk yard replacement although at Advance auto parts they sell for $29. I assume all three actuators are identical? - they learn movements from the system? - clockwise counter clockwise? - travel distance? - etc? Anyone have experience with actuator replacement/configuration? And how they relearn actuating, etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Milty

The old school systems used vacuum , the newer ones such as yours are electric / electronic , as you have discovered .

No way I would use a junk yard actuator .

Rockauto.com has these for $ 20.79 + freight in Dorman . Not a large difference in cost from Advance .

Best of luck , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back