FRAM on closeout at Tractor Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least a good majority of their filters are on closeout sale at my local store, not sure if this is just a regional thing or not, but, I went in to buy a filter for my Yamaha Grizzly 660 expecting to shell out the usual $12.49 for it, only to find my particular filter and many others on the shelf were yellow tagged with closeout deals and ended up only paying $5.49 for my filter. Figured some of you filter hoarders might wanna know about this in case TSC is doing it nationwide, be a good time to stock up on filters.

I ve been using car oil filters on my Polaris ATVs for years without any problems.
You could save alot off money and get better filtering.
You probably could have cashed in on the $1.50 oil filters at Walmart.

What exact Fram filter did you buy? Google foo is showing Fram PH7317 or PH6607 as being compatible filters for that application and those are $3.77 filters at Walmart and way better deal than $5.49

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
What exact Fram filter did you buy? Google foo is showing Fram PH7317 or PH6607 as being compatible filters for that application and those are $3.77 filters at Walmart and way better deal than $5.49

Yeah, if it is a Ultra on clearance for < $6, then it is a decent price, if a TG or Extra Guard, not a good deal at all.

If it is one of their power sport filters, then it is the same as an Extra Guard with different paint on it, and not a good deal at all.

I have never seen anything but FRAM Extra Guard orange cans in any TS I have been in. Also, the selection is like 1/4 of a normal selection and very heavy on inch thread pattern part numbers for agriculture equipment.

They'll probably be switching to Rotella filters!
lol.gif
48.gif

Originally Posted By: Hootbro

PH6017A is the filter I have, motorcycle specific version according to the book at the store. Walmart has good deals, but they're also a 100 miles away from me so TSC is my best bet, lol!

I use the Fram PH7317 or the Purolator version. I can't remember the exact number off my head. I want to say 14610 and 14612 maybe. One was a longer version of the same filter. Never a problem.
The same filter that my son's girlfriends Nissan Altima used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back