Oil spec JASO-2TFC equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picking up a used sccoter. 2010 Kymco. Manual calls for JASO-2TFC for the oil injection system. I can't find that spec oil. What would be an equivalent or exceed this spec? TCW-3?

smile.gif

JASO FC 2T (two stroke) oil.....some Taiwanese was using google translate and because of that all ended in a confusion
grin.gif

Ancient-Aliens.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
smile.gif

....some Taiwanese was using google translate and because of that all ended in a confusion
grin.gif

Or he/she was dyslexic
grin.gif

just make sure the oil is ok for injection use. some competition oils are thicker and wont work for this. a snowmobile oil would work well too..or a watercraft jet ski oil.

Originally Posted By: justintendo
just make sure the oil is ok for injection use. some competition oils are thicker and wont work for this. a snowmobile oil would work well too..or a watercraft jet ski oil.

Then try to find PDS on web....and if it is in SAE30 (it will be most probably) or SAE40 range than it is suitable for oil pump/injection...anything above SAE40 is premix ONLY
wink.gif

Compare PDS of Motul 800/710 and you will see that catch
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Kamele0N
Since manuals say JASO FC....we know that he has AIRcooled engine...

So FC or FD will be adequate

JASO FD is what I'd be looking for
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: justintendo

Watercraft jet ski oil could harm high revving AIRcooled equipement.....its addpack is different....and not suitable to bi used in AIRcooled engines

Brace yourself
smile.gif

http://kawtriple.com/mraxl/tips/oil_twostroke.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back