MC FL-910S 5,140 miles CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. Hot off the 2009 Toyota Camry of mine. This filter and a "brew" of DELO XLE 10w30 2.5 quarts and 2 quarts of SN SAE 30 QSGB was in and on for 5,140 miles.

Put a STP XL3600 and some Valvoline leftovers or 2.5 quarts of VWB 10w30 and 2 quarts of Valvoline Synpower 5w30.

Enjoy the photos folks
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
car51 - It appears the filter and oil did their jobs very well. No drama here.

Thanks for the cut&post.

Yeah, no odd noises on startup and nothing out of the ordinary. I attribute that to the silicone ADBV

Car51,

Looks good, no surprises here. And to think that 6ou doubted Tig1 and me when we told you that these filters hold up great. This is by far my favorite MC filter. I'm not nearly as big of a fan of the FL-400S as they don't generally look as nice post use as the FL910S.

What I'm really excited to see is your STP XL after 5-10k.

Hopefully all is well with you. Thanks for the C&P!

Looks like the one I pulled of my Toyota pickup recently.

Anyway, looks fine by me. Thanks for the pictures!

This FL910S looks pristine. 5k miles no problem on the Camry. And for ~$4 WM price, a good value too.

Giving an AZ STP XL a shot eh. Interesting.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
I assume by the date code that this is louvers vs holes but can you confirm?

It indeed has louvers; I discovered that circa December 2016 MC stuff "except" FL-1A and FL-820S have louvers

So put magnets on filter, darn neodymium buggers stuck or pulled themselves to the cradle. So, I took them off

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Sayjac
This FL910S looks pristine. 5k miles no problem on the Camry. And for ~$4 WM price, a good value too.

Giving an AZ STP XL a shot eh. Interesting.

Thanks for c&p.

What have I got to lose using a STP XL filter to 5k? LOL
smile.gif

After this filter and the XL 3614 are used I have 5 ultra 4386, a Tough Guard and ST 4386 and Bosch D+ to use up
smile.gif

Nothing to loose running the STP XL, the ones I've seen cut have been well put together. No reason to suspect yours is built any different. Now hurry up and get 5,000 miles on it so we can see!

Quote:
..What have I got to lose using a STP XL filter to 5k?...

Nothing. They seem to be an ok filter, solid efficiency rating. Fwiw, XL recently appears to have changed coo. Price wise, about the same as the Fram Ultra and no common 7317 application which generally makes them a no go for me.

XL3600 a substantial oversize from Camry spec 4386? Looking at gasket size, the Camry must have a wide block filter gasket area tolerance.

Anyway, topic filter looks excellent.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
Quote:
..What have I got to lose using a STP XL filter to 5k?...

Nothing. They seem to be an ok filter, solid efficiency rating. Fwiw, XL recently appears to have changed coo. Price wise, about the same as the Fram Ultra and no common 7317 application which generally makes them a no go for me.

XL3600 a substantial oversize from Camry spec 4386? Looking at gasket size, the Camry must have a wide block filter gasket area tolerance.

Anyway, topic filter looks excellent.

Yeah, the Parts Plus filters are now Made in China also

My Camry uses 4967/4386 filters. The gasket area of FL-910S and 3600 and Fl-400S mates up perfect
smile.gif

That's good, leaves you lots of options. My gasket size comment came from comparing the dimensions of the 4386/4967 to the 3600 and 3614/910S using the Fram look up.

Originally Posted By: deven
That is one clean engine!

I'll let you know when I replace the valve cover gasket soon
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back