Bought a Toro 20044 Super Recycler

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thing was in great shape! Has the Kawasaki engine too. The guy I bought it from tinkers with mowers. He had rebuilt the tranny, new carb, etc. New cables. Runs and cuts great.
The aluminum deck has metal flake in it!
I need to install a fuel filter, none on it as far as I can see.
He also had a commercial Toro 22621, was very tempted!

My Honda broke a motor mount in the Xenoy deck.
frown.gif

The entire engine can be seen shaking. Looks like the shaker on a Hemi. Probably not safe.
So I needed a newer mower.

Planning on sell my beloved Honda for parts.

Last edited:
Good find !! Almost got a Toro last year after snapping the crankshaft of my trusty Craftsman by sudden/instant stop (struck riprap stone size of a softball) trying to get too close along a culvert. Ended up getting a Honda, which is pretty okay. Little jealous of the super recycler Toro models though, nice machines.
cool.gif

Thanks, Yeah, I was excited! I wanted another Honda but could not find one at a reasonable price.
That Kawa is impressive. Now I need to get a extra blade.
I found the manual on Toro's website and downloaded it.

It has no blade clutch like my Honda but that is OK.

My parents have one! I don't think it ever has been to a shop for anything. Still runs like new after 15+ years, especially considering the things I did to it when young and "learning" how engines work..... It needs rear wheels - they're bald, no traction though.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
My parents have one! I don't think it ever has been to a shop for anything. Still runs like new after 15+ years, especially considering the things I did to it when young and "learning" how engines work..... It needs rear wheels - they're bald, no traction though.

Sweet! I took it around the yard. Amazing machine. I love my Honda but this is growing on me!

From the research I did before buying last year the Super Recycler is the best mulcher in the residential grade walk behind class. Home Depot just happened to have a good deal on the Honda is main reason I got that.... that and impulse buying ...
blush.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
From the research I did before buying last year the Super Recycler is the best mulcher in the residential grade walk behind class. Home Depot just happened to have a good deal on the Honda is main reason I got that.... that and impulse buying ...
blush.gif

I bought my Honda about 15 years ago at Home Depot on clearance. It was a HRB216HXA.
Priced at, get this, $350!!!!!!!! Retail then $700.

I have 13,000 square feet of yard. I need a premium mower.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
This thing was in great shape! Has the Kawasaki engine too. The guy I bought it from tinkers with mowers. He had rebuilt the tranny, new carb, etc. New cables. Runs and cuts great.

frown.gif

The entire engine can be seen shaking. Looks like the shaker on a Hemi. Probably not safe.

how much did he want for the Toro 22621? Was it in good shape? Where at in Missouri?

Originally Posted By: Rab6715
Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1

frown.gif

how much did he want for the Toro 22621? Was it in good shape? Where at in Missouri?

$350. Blue Springs, MO.

https://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/d/torocommercial-proline-suzuki/6250437325.html

I have owned several of those Toro mowers with Suzuki 4 cycle engines. They are relatively low on power. And replacement parts are impossible to find, and uber expensive when you do find them. They are better mowers for collectors, people that like to look at mowers and use it once a month.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I have owned several of those Toro mowers with Suzuki 4 cycle engines. They are relatively low on power. And replacement parts are impossible to find, and uber expensive when you do find them. They are better mowers for collectors, people that like to look at mowers and use it once a month.

I agree with you Bubbatime. They are kinda cool, including the 2 cycle variety, but yes parts are very difficult and expensive to procure. I think a coil is like $200-400. I would never use one as a primary mower as you stated. I'm not going to buy this, but just wanted to see the condition and price. I currently have an LB 10547 that satisfies my occasional 2 stroke desire. A new short block for it is only $100. I thought about buying a couple just to keep the thing running for the next 30 years, provided i can still access 2 stroke oil at that time, probably not...

Originally Posted By: bubbatime

I now agree now. I went to the Toro dealer yesterday to get some maintenance parts for my new used Toro.
I asked him I just bought this mower and mentioned I was tempted by that Suzuki. He said parts are getting hard to find and very expensive.

Last edited:
Drew99 that looks my 20611 with a 4 stroke Suzuki. I love mine, it was a freebie I've been using as a trimmer since '09. Parts are expensive. But other than replacing the fuel line it hasn't needed any parts. I'm not a collector, though I hang with some over on the My tractor forum's sub forum for walk behinds.

I dunno if re-powering one of those Suzuki powered Supers is possible, but maybe that's an option should that power plant be too expensive to repair. The decks, hardware and drive system are great on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back