2007 Camry Dash probs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question for the assembled minds here.A friend has a 2007 camry that was previously owned by the proverbial little old lady.The car is tip top except for one thing ..the dash is garbage.The dash plastic is soft,tacky to the touch and will leave a residue on your fingers when touched.You can drive your fingernail into the plastic.He would like to know...is there a cure for this?is this a known defect ?Will he have to replace the dash.

I had thought that maybe someone had glued a coverlay onto the dash and there was a bad chemical reaction.But he assures me there was never a dashmat or anything like that on the vehicle.I'm thinking there was a problem with the plastic formulation and the right amount of hardener was not added.

Have any of you ever ran into this?

It was a known issue with mid-late 2000s Toyotas. I think that the "extended warranty" just expired recently. I'd check with the local dealer to see if they will do a goodwill repair.

Thanks ,right after I posted I found out about the lawsuits and warranty extensions.I called my friend and he is going by the toyota dealer in the morning.I think he is SOL personally.Since the warranty extension ran out 3 months ago.

Originally Posted By: TmanP
It was a known issue with mid-late 2000s Toyotas. I think that the "extended warranty" just expired recently. I'd check with the local dealer to see if they will do a goodwill repair.
The extended warranty on an 08 dash doesn't expire until 18. Better get moving.

Use a Heatshield brand dash protector when your car is sitting in the sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back