VIRGIN MC FL-1A CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon BITOG faithful
wink.gif

So, was bored and dads in town bought this for friends truck; only to find out he traded truck for new one

Enjoy the pics
smile.gif

They look like good filters... Price ain't bad either...Nice pics...I used to run them in my truck...recently went to fram ultra...may go back someday...

Thanks for the pics. I've always run those on my small block fords.

I like the metal coping on the seam, that's a nice touch.

I wonder what the string is supposed to accomplish or prevent?

Originally Posted By: Seventh
Thanks for the pics. I've always run those on my small block fords.

I like the metal coping on the seam, that's a nice touch.

I wonder what the string is supposed to accomplish or prevent?

You're welcome and I think Purolator used the string for assembly purposes

Yes to hold the media in place during the potting.

Mahle use to do the string thing, and there is a Mahle video on Youtube, and the reps explain the string.

Originally Posted By: BigD1
Yes to hold the media in place during the potting.

Mahle use to do the string thing, and there is a Mahle video on Youtube, and the reps explain the string.

Good to know, Thank You
smile.gif

still has that old string, and the round holes too
happy2.gif

Made July 18, 2017
(ignore the leading 9 in the date code)

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
still has that old string, and the round holes too
happy2.gif

Made July 18, 2017
(ignore the leading 9 in the date code)

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

You're more than welcome sir:)

Originally Posted By: car51
... I think Purolator used the string for assembly purposes

And frequently called assembly string. In my observation you'll now mostly find it on the relatively larger filter from M&H Puro. Some are put off by it, but as far as I can tell it doesn't hurt anything.

Always wondered why MC uses a nitrile adbv on this application as opposed to majority MC for FoMoCo vehicles using silicone. Not that it's a major deal.

Thanks for c&p.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

And frequently called assembly string. In my observation you'll now mostly find it on the relatively larger filter from M&H Puro. Some are put off by it, but as far as I can tell it doesn't hurt anything.

Always wondered why MC uses a nitrile adbv on this application as opposed to majority MC for FoMoCo vehicles using silicone. Not that it's a major deal.

Thanks for c&p.

Agreed, same on the last 822 I looked at. ( ADBV)

Quote:
Agreed, same on the last 822 I looked at. ( ADBV)

The not for majority FoMoCo applications do use a nitrile adbv. The FL822 looks to cross to the 7317 which is used on non Ford applications.

The topic filter is used on many Ford applications. Perhaps the orientation of the filter on these applications makes not having a silicone adbv less critical. Seems that many of them are older FoMoCo vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Thanks for c&p.

You're welcome sayjac and Airgunsavant

Thank you Adam
I love the MC look inside and out-when new. It would be nice if they made them bulletproof
I have a FL910s under torture now- 40 hrs so far.... But that flavor seems very good compared to the 820

Great filter for many applications and the price is unbeatable. I run these on all my old Fords exclusively!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back