NAPA ProSelect 26017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there all. Went ahead and replaced the nasty Fram Extra Guard CA7351 with a fresh NAPA ProSelect 26071 filter in my Camry today. The gasket on the Fram was all dry rotted and torn but otherwise it held up. I honestly don't remember when the Fram was installed; I've never installed one on this car and I don't recall having it done any other time in the seven years I've owned the car...

Last edited:
Thank you for posting
smile.gif

How long do you plan on keeping the Proselect in?

Have you noticed better throttle response? I replaced an old oem filter a few months ago with a Fram Extra Guard. I like the rubber seal that runs around it.

I'll probably keep this in for 20k miles. We'll see if I ever replace it though- I only add about 3,000 miles/year to the Camry so who knows.

As for the throttle response, I've only got about two miles on the new filter and didn't quite notice anything yet. The air box had plenty of debris that I vacuumed out and the filter was clearly in need of replacement. I'll be interested to take it on a longer drive!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
Less pleats but seems well constructed. The pleats appear to be thicker at least.

A few less pleats but I like the extra support ribs on the proselect. I much prefer Napa gold filters but this proselect looks like a very good design compared to the Fram.

EPAUTO less than half the price of Fram or Toyota OEM air intake filters. So now I just change it twice a year with my Semi annual oil change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back