M1 HM 0W-20?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do all of you know about this oil?
I find it a little hard to wrap my mind around the concept of a high mileage oil in this grade.
It seems to me that an HM 0W-20 would be a 5W-30 grade.
Anyway, does anyone have any insights as to the basestock blend and adds in this oil?
Does it contain a nice dose of Grp IV like AFE and EP do in this grade?
I've just recently stated seeing this oil for sale and I'm curious about it.

All oils have seal conditioners.
My post involved asking about the attributes of this particular oil and whether anyone knew anything about it.

Any answer here would just be guessing and assumption. The oil companies will not disclose such information either.

My guess? A bit more detergents and seal conditioners as already mentioned. The 0w-20 HM oils are relatively new as they figured that some vehicles that use this grade are getting old thus the "need" for high mileage oils.

Besides the higher amount of seal conditioners, the M1 HM versions have the benefit of "extra" anti-wear additive, according to their website's product description.
The HM oils use to have higher amounts of zinc and phosphorous, but, according to the Product Guide, which lists the zinc and phos levels of the various M1 oils, with the newest formulation the levels have been lowered. They are now basically in line with the other GF-5 oils.

Now, Mobil could be using a new, different ant--wear additive besides zinc and phos, since they have lowered those, or, the description could be a carry over from the old info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back