2010 Mini Cooper DTCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomioka

$104 Site Donor 2024
Neighbor purchased a 2010 Mini Cooper w/ 96,000mi and wanted me to check for codes and a stumbling issue when stabbing the gas partway. Figured any Mini fanatics here could help me out here before I throw parts at it.

P115C
P2626
P0456

Looking at the codes I might replace the gas cap, replace O2 sensor and check air induction. Hadn't had the chance to look at service records but I'm also assuming it needs a major tune up (plugs, filters, maf and tb cleaning, etc). Cleared DTCs and told neighbor to call me if light came back on so we can proceed with repairs.

Base Cooper or Cooper S?

For the first two codes; Smoke test for intake or crank case vapor leaks. Could be intake leak, bad maf, etc. There is also a new service measure they're having us do to bump the idle up if it's a base Cooper. I've also seen bad fly-by-wire throttles.

The p0456 could be a poor seal at gas cap, but it's just as likely to be the DMTL module. (Evap unit) Some cars have a 10 year warranty extension on that part. It would be worth a call to the dealer with the last 7 of the vin to see if it's covered. Or you could pm the last 7 to me and I could check for you when I'm back at work Tuesday.

There is also a new 10 year warranty extension for the ignition coils on base Cooper. If the dealer finds misfire codes they'll just throw four upgraded new ones at it.

115c usually means a failing PCV valve, which is part of the valve cover. 2626 is normally an Oxygen sensor, but the extra air coming in may be throwing those readings off. Beware, these engines are known for consuming oil and stretching their timing chains. Ive done at least 6 2008 and up mini engine rebuilds this year alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back