Malt Liquor: anyone like the stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I'll admit; I have a Mickeys once in a while. Although I only have Jack&Coke around the Christmas time or when its really hot outside. Anyone here like malt liquor like Mickeys, Labatt ICE?

Mickey's is pretty darn good,has a cream ale type flavor.
Years ago I remember Country Club by Pearl Brewing was good.
Others I have tried over the years not so good.
Haffenreffer although seemed to be a mixed bag,Sometime good sometimes rough tasting and headache inducing.
The ocassional malt that shows up usually ends up boiling hot dogs.

What is it and What does it taste like ?
To me it's something I only hear about in passing on American TV shows and movies.

I recently had a Molson Ice 24 ounce from the gas station, I think it was only a buck plus tax. Pretty good on a hot day as long as it's kept ice cold. It does kind of sap my energy.

Oddly, malt liquor containers are the most prevelant to be littered on the ground and not make it into a receptical.

Maybe an insight into the typical Malt Liquor connoisseur.

I believe they are best enjoyed wrapped (hidden) in a brown paper bag and chased with some Mad Dog 20/20.

Originally Posted By: urrlord
Mickey's is pretty darn good,has a cream ale type flavor.
Years ago I remember Country Club by Pearl Brewing was good.
Others I have tried over the years not so good.
Haffenreffer although seemed to be a mixed bag,Sometime good sometimes rough tasting and headache inducing.
The ocassional malt that shows up usually ends up boiling hot dogs.

Yeah, it and LABATT ICE or MOLSON XXX are round' $1.29 here in PA. I don't drink much beer hence why I'll have one when real hot out or holidays

Used to swill Malt Duck in high school, when could get someone to get us some. Which wasn't very often.

When I was in high school we'd get beyond wasted on Mickeys. I couldn't imagine drinking it now,oh Lord!!

Originally Posted By: SR5
To me it's something I only hear about in passing on American TV shows and movies.

It's simply beer with higher alcohol content. For the drinker who wants to get plastered without having to down a 6 pack?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45

It's simply beer with higher alcohol content. For the drinker who wants to get plastered without having to down a 6 pack?

Thanks, they don't sell it here.

A high alcohol beer at a low price, it would probably sell well both here in Oz and in NZ. But, our tax is a function of ethanol % so it probably wouldn't end up very cheap.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Oddly, malt liquor containers are the most prevelant to be littered on the ground and not make it into a receptical.

Maybe an insight into the typical Malt Liquor connoisseur.

I believe they are best enjoyed wrapped (hidden) in a brown paper bag and chased with some Mad Dog 20/20.

Ya, that's basically what I could come up with;

What's next? Threads about Ripple or Thunderbird?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: eljefino

I figured that would be the kind of character who enjoys either
1) Pabst Blue Ribbon (I can't even touch that stuff anymore since its become popular with his crowd)
2) Awful IPAs

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

1) Pabst Blue Ribbon (I can't even touch that stuff anymore since its become popular with his crowd)
2) Awful IPAs

Ha.

That does look like a PBR Man !

Maybe even Schaeffer's if its a payday weekend.

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Originally Posted By: L_Sludger

2) Awful IPAs

Ha.

That does look like a PBR Man !

Maybe even Schaeffer's if its a payday weekend.

For a moment, i thought the watch/bracelet were actually handcuffs!

The yeast used is different from beer. Something about beer uses top fermenting yeast and malt uses bottom fermenting yeast. Many wine coolers, Zima, ect. are malt beverages.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back