When you want a McRib you want a McRib

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I wants me two of 'em right now. Alas, but local arches may not be offering them at this time. Sadness.

Why is McRib availability so spotty?

If you want a quick barbeque sandwich you can always get the Jack Daniels pulled pork from the grocery and build your own sandwich. Pick up some coleslaw, buns etc...

Dill pickles since I think that's on the McRib.

Last edited:
Limited availability is easier from a logistical perspective, and when they do have McRibs they can sell them for more profit due to increased hype. Your local Dollar tree has a (not) passable Pork Rib sandwich for a buck that you can yank out of the freezer and enjoy.

While we're lamenting food that McDonalds doesn't have available anymore I want to cry a little about the 1/3lb Angus Mushroom Swiss. It was absolutely divine and I never forgave McD for dropping it from the menu.

Gone but never forgotten. RIP, thank you for your service. We miss you so much. A piece of my heart is gone now that you're no longer with us. (dead cardiac tissue if you must know)

sick.gif

Can never eat there again. Don't miss it.

I remember reading that the McRibs were available when pork prices were low. Not a bad business plan for McDonald's!

Originally Posted By: Kuato
sick.gif

Can never eat there again. Don't miss it.

Oh what's a little food poisoning, no forgiveness?

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Limited availability is easier from a logistical perspective, and when they do have McRibs they can sell them for more profit due to increased hype. Your local Dollar tree has a (not) passable Pork Rib sandwich for a buck that you can yank out of the freezer and enjoy.

While we're lamenting food that McDonalds doesn't have available anymore I want to cry a little about the 1/3lb Angus Mushroom Swiss. It was absolutely divine and I never forgave McD for dropping it from the menu.

Gone but never forgotten. RIP, thank you for your service. We miss you so much. A piece of my heart is gone now that you're no longer with us. (dead cardiac tissue if you must know)

Reminds me of my all time FAVE hamburger,the Mushroom Swiss Burger from Chili's,which to my eternal sadness has been discontinued
frown.gif

I think you can make one at home that is 95% close..

Sesame seed bun
Pork patty, cooked in oven and then simmered in BBQ sauce
Pickle slices
Bits of white onion

For a while, the US MRE ration had a pork patty entree that was identical in shape to the McRib.. I'm fairly certain it was the same supplier as for McDonalds.

The Whiskey River burger from Red Robin is my favorite, bottomless steak fries and an Irish Guiness Beer Shake to wash it all down. Although get some ice water as well since it's free anyways.

Does anybody else remember that the original McRib had tubes of fatty meat that were supposed to resemble ribs?
Sounds disgusting, but it actually tasted pretty good.

Definitely one of the better fast food sammiches, I will get one if I happen to see it on the menu but don't go looking for it. I actually get the lobstah roll at McD's once in a while, doesn't measure up to a good beachfront stand by a long shot but not bad at all.

I've liked the McRib since the mid-80's. Always have to get one when McDonalds has it in season.
But I can get frozen pork barbecue sandwiches anytime at the local Meijer store. 77 seconds in the microwave, and it's almost as good as a McRib.

The Midwest must have a plethora of BBQ places. There shouldn't be a problem finding your rib sandwich. The frozen ones are good for those urges.

Yeah, I rarely go to McD's but I have a huge weakness for their McRib. I once ate four of them in one sitting. I did, however, firmly regret it couple hours later.

The only thing I regularly buy at McD's is their coffee...occasionally a breakfast sandwich if I'm travelling....but almost never anything else....Wendy's I find better....

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I was a fan of the McDLT, back in the day. I haven't been in a McDonalds in probably 10 years.

I liked those as well!

Originally Posted By: 02SE
I was a fan of the McDLT, back in the day. I haven't been in a McDonalds in probably 10 years.

Costanza!

Cantstandya! Nice video jefino ! I love the clothing. I miss the eighties.
While I have this post: anyone tried the new premium artisan bravo sierra burger that McD is hawking now? I'm curious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back