Canister leaking gas when tank more than 1/2 full

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since March, i've only ever filled my gas tank up more than half a few times. Every time, it leaked. It wouldn't leak as soon as i put gas in, but when it's been sitting in the driveway for a few hours. I put the car up on ramps today to take a peak and it seems to be coming from the charcoal canister. The picture shows the top of the right side of the canister, with a line coming out of it into the tank.
kI7n62q.jpg

I have a misfire code (getting that fixed soon) so there's freeze frame data, which shows today when i filled it to check where the leak was coming from the fuel level was at 72.2%. I could fill it a dozen times under that percentage and it won't leak a bit. Even at 50% fuel level it won't leak.

Does anyone have any idea why it would only leak when the tank is more than 1/2 full? Or any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks for any feedback. Car is a 2006 kia rio.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
You need to go through the evap system solenoid valves.Canister might be saturated.

If the purge valve or vent valve were not working properly, do you think it would cause gas to get into the canister? I've previously checked them and they've been dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back