Xado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xado prides themselves on using only the finest lubricious extracts from the choicest species of critically endangered cold blooded carnivores.

Not just heard, even visited their stores. Nice line of products. They have real approvals/certifications. Many people hate them because of their prices and unsupported claims that their oils restore worn parts. But they made their name when those "revitalization" additives were popular in the 90'.

Originally Posted By: Ded Mazai
Not just heard, even visited their stores. Nice line of products. They have real approvals/certifications. Many people hate them because of their prices and unsupported claims that their oils restore worn parts. But they made their name when those "revitalization" additives were popular in the 90'.

Their finished oils have OEM approvals.

The snake oil part of their range you are on your own.

From their 0w-30 oil description, "It is indispensable for adherents of confident and dynamic driving style"

That exactly describes how I feel when I'm driving my 1989 Cavalier to work at 4:30am every morning.

Only one coating that does works for me. I had after 115k miles a yowling 5th gear in MT and also such diff. Both are fine afterwards and since ~62k miles. To the present.

The important trick is:
You should put it in OLD oil. If a one put it in 5k miles old diff oil, that dont works so fast (or, rarely sufficient good) as if you put it in ~37k miles old oil.
Similar with engine oil. Works much better in 7000 miles old oil than in oil with 3000 miles.

Put it in warm/hot oil, drive ensuing ~1/2h the car. Afterwards, drive as always. The process take ~1200 miles.

For the "why don't they do it from the factory" buffoons:
Coating with silica_any stuff works only during functioning and is a longer process. Shall GM recruit 1000 trainees which drive 8h every day colon with 1000 brand new cars around the factory?
Therefore similar but acceptable solution for manufacturers is named: plasma coating. This works instantly in few seconds, but is very expensive. Advantages: you can coating metals with near anything you can vaporize (from solid directly to gas/plasma). Also with titanium & co.

Thats a no-fake few scientific researchs in the web about coating metals with silica_any, with pressure + friction + heat. Go visit Aunt Google to be littlebit smart.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back