BioSyn HD; 5k miles; Lexus RC F UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 Lexus RC F I bought in November of 2016 with 800 miles. This UOA had one autocross day in it. Mostly city driving and commutes less than 10-15 minutes. I was driving 150-200 miles a day up until 2 months ago. Now, I'm lucky to do 30 miles a day. I do normally redline this car a lot times a day though if the drive is longer than 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good. Does this have an oil cooler? I'm thinking that could be the source of the copper, or maybe these engines are assembled with a lot of copper gasket paste as Subaru does.
It looks like this V-8 Toy would be fine on an oil off the Walmart shelf. It doesn't look like it needs anything as costly as RLI, although I do like your supporting Ohio companies.
Not sure why you're looking at fuel dilution since it looks pretty reasonable.
This must be a very entertaining car to drive, with plenty of power and even decent fuel economy for those boring commutes.
Nice post of a UOA from a lab we don't see very often.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Looks good. Does this have an oil cooler? I'm thinking that could be the source of the copper, or maybe these engines are assembled with a lot of copper gasket paste as Subaru does.
It looks like this V-8 Toy would be fine on an oil off the Walmart shelf. It doesn't look like it needs anything as costly as RLI, although I do like your supporting Ohio companies.
Not sure why you're looking at fuel dilution since it looks pretty reasonable.
This must be a very entertaining car to drive, with plenty of power and even decent fuel economy for those boring commutes.
Nice post of a UOA from a lab we don't see very often.

Yes with 10 quarts.

Well, normally every other RC F(25+ UOA) I've ever tested runs around 4% FD for daily driving and much worse if tracked. Having put strictly RLI in, fuel % was still around 2.7% for 5,000 miles.
I upped the filtration and started adding some fuel additives and different fuels to bring it down to 1.2%. When this thing was on M1, the wear values were all 3x as much and the FD was at 3.5%. On a semi blend from the dealer this thing was at 4.5%.

Yeah I can get her up to 38.9mpg on the highway with the wing down at 59mph.

There was a thread on here years ago in which an owner of a high zoot fuel diluting Audi found RLI to be just the thing for countering high fuel dilution in consultation with Terry.
Why this bio ester oil should be so helpful in dealing with high fuel dilution I have no idea, but it seems to have been very helpful to your engine as well.

Yeah BioSyn works in almost every engine I've recommended it in. Has to do with the plant based esters, the Jackie G. will gladly explain why if you ever call her.

These oils might be the answer for those who own some of the current extreme fuel dilutors.
Maybe the word will get around and an owner of one of these mainstream cars will give RLI a try?

I've used BioSyn in my civic and my sister's prius. It's almost too good to be true, it's really something else. I'll post data here tonight.

5000 miles and TBN almost 7. Is this the different more reliable UOA you spoke of in the other thread, Daniel? I notice it does have a pretty detailed particle count, which is very cool. Only one particle in that UOA of over 50 microns. 50 is very small too. I work with micro pipettes so I can visualize stuff like that (and not worry because it's super small).

I see it has oxidation and soot too. Would you go further next UOA using this brand oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back