Denso vs wix vs fram extra guard engine air filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FermeLaPorte
I would use Denso bc Japan.

However, all of them are really good

You can still buy Japanese manufactured Denso filters?

Is this a cartridge or a spin on?

You can't go wrong with Toyota (Denso) filters, but they aren't necessarily made in Japan either. One would hope a Toyota branded filter and a Denso branded filter are the same in terms of design, quality and COO?

I'd use any of them issue free assuming they share the same Toyota design. For example, if the Toyota filter does not use end caps, I would pass on a Fram that does. I have no personal experience with this, but I've read about all sorts of fitment issues in the past. I use Toyota and WIX for this reason.

Originally Posted By: wantboost
Sorry meant air filter . Auto correct wrote oil

I would go with Toyota without being able to compare them side by side.

The last Denso air filters I bought for my two Toyota cars came from China, they used to come from either Thailand or Japan. They looked the same and fit just as well as the other ones did, for what that's worth.

Denso is the best name out of the bunch and probably the OE manufacturer. I think some of my Denso filters are coming from Malaysia now also.

Last edited:
The Denso's I bought for a Camry v6 were made in USA. I wouldn't use anything else but a Denso air filter on a Toyota. Especially when they were cheaper than most too.

DENSO
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back