Auto7 oil filter for Kia and Hyundai?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was browsing Rock Auto and grabbed some brake pads and cabin air filters. I saw some Auto7 filters that looked just like OEM. This is what I got. Daewha 012-0046. On the filter it says DO4459.

I have experienced Rock Auto catalogue can be off. I have received parts that were not right for my application, but catalogue said it was.

This stinks. I have never had a problem with them before. I think the application is for my vehicles but those filters are definitely not like the OEM filter. Looks like I will be doing a return.

Do you know what the valve is made of, or is it a guess based on color?

A change in suppliers would be made by Auto7, not RA.

That company appears to be a pretty big filter maker. I don't think I'd personally have a problem using the filter, even though I often used OE filters on my Sonata.

If you go to the history part of the site, they're an OE parts supplier to multiple car companies.

http://www.daewha21c.co.kr/sub_eng/

I have had similar experiences in buying Auto7 filters that state they are Hyundai/Kia, but are not.

The RA supplied change of the Auto 7 design was shown in a thread dating to February 2016 and specifically with poster KDOAXS. They looked the same as what you received. Unfortunately the photobucket money grab wiped out his pics, though they can still be seen on google images with a search of bitog.

You can read the link/posts after the KDO post and tell that things had changed.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4014400/all/ultra_or_hyundai_oem

Safe to say again the RA Auto7 is no longer an Hyun/Kia oem clone. IDK if RA has updated their pics of the Auto7.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Do you know what the valve is made of, or is it a guess based on color?

A change in suppliers would be made by Auto7, not RA.

That company appears to be a pretty big filter maker. I don't think I'd personally have a problem using the filter, even though I often used OE filters on my Sonata.

If you go to the history part of the site, they're an OE parts supplier to multiple car companies.

http://www.daewha21c.co.kr/sub_eng/

Thank you for posting this. The ADBV is black, so I assume nitrile? You're correct in that maybe it is silicone. I contacted Rockauto and they said it is a standard replacement filter for my vehicle. I can return it but at my own expense. I thought I was getting an OEM filter as that is what was pictured and described. I guess I'll keep them for my wife's Santa Fe and cut it open at 5K.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
The RA supplied change of the Auto 7 design was shown in a thread dating to February 2016 and specifically with poster KDOAXS. They looked the same as what you received. Unfortunately the photobucket money grab wiped out his pics, though they can still be seen on google images with a search of bitog.

You can read the link/posts after the KDO post and tell that things had changed.

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4014400/all/ultra_or_hyundai_oem

Safe to say again the RA Auto7 is no longer an Hyun/Kia oem clone.

Just to clarify, Auto 7 is the brand and it's sold through multiple outlets, not just RA. People reading your post may not understand that based on what's written. It appears Auto 7 has changed who they get these filters from. I don't think that issue would just affect RA.

It's too bad they switched, as Auto 7 used to be a good place to get genuine filters for cheap.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
Originally Posted By: Sayjac

Safe to say again the RA Auto7 is no longer an Hyun/Kia oem clone.

Just to clarify, Auto 7 is the brand and it's sold through multiple outlets, not just RA. People reading your post may not understand that based on what's written. It appears Auto 7 has changed who they get these filters from. I don't think that issue would just affect RA.

Quoting what I said on the linked thread and still stands for this thread.....

"Have no vested interest here, but if I expected to get a filter with a silicone adbv in RA illustration, I'd not be satisfied with the DAEWHA pictured previously.

As to who is culpable, leave that for others to debate. If me, I'd probably start with RA since that's where the discrepancy between A7 RA illustration and the received OF can be seen. My .02
"

My only issue with RA at this point would be 'IF' the RA pic of the A7 still shows the previous design with silicone adbv. But, I'm not interested enough to look to see if RA shows a pic of the topic/current A7.

^^^I'd say if you're not satisfied your only recourse is to take it up with RA and see if they will do a return or perhaps some other solution satisfactory to you.

Can't hurt to ask.

Well, I paid $2.99 per filter plus 5% off. I think they will probably be fine for 5K in my wife's Santa Fe. Seems pretty stout for a standard filter. For the sake of us BITOG members, I'll cut one open tomorrow AM and post.

Last edited:
Though, they sent two sets of air and cabin filter's for an RX300. There mistake. I ordered one of each. They said keep the extra ones. Then ordered fuel filter for Saturn. It was for an older model than mine, but listed to fit my model. They gave that to me for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back