New car Noob. Almost new anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A pair of 2016 Camrys 4cyl. Mine is an LE with 25 K on it MDW's SE has about the same miles. Outside of oil and a filter what else if anything should I look at? I want to have them be the last cars I need. TIA

If I knew I had to live with a Camry the rest of my life I probably wouldn't live very long LOL. Just joking, but do a little more than the scheduled maintenance as with the fluids. I always drain the radiator, tranny, PS pump, etc but the manual doesn't call for that. Also, being from the North, wash your car in the winter to get the salt off.

Drain and fill 1 gallon of coolant every 2 years after 5 years from date of mfg. Toyota SLLC comes in premix jugs so it couldn't be easier.

Drain and fill some of the trans fluid every other year to keep the additive levels fresh. Avoid driving that impairs transmission cooling ability as this damages the fluid. (towing, etc)

Wash it a lot. Keep it clean, that includes inside the motor.

Good oil and decent filter. Brake fluid flush every few years (accumulates moisture). Keep clean air filter on it. Avoid parking in direct sun when you can (UV damage).

Tranny fluid refill as called for by service schedule. Shocks about every 75K. Decent tires, etc ...

My Dear Wife of 44yrs. I dunno, They were Certified pre-owned by the dlrs. Warrantied almost like new. I'm going to put the owner's manual in the magazine rack by the throne. I yielded to the wife's suggestion we start off with new cars. She had driven nothing but clunkers for 44 yrs. She doesn't want any more car adventures. I'm nowhere near as spry as I was when I constantly wrenched on bugs. Heck, I don't even like driving that much any more. I still have the Rat and the fastest production sedan in 1983, a 533i, to play with. The BMW needs a head refresh and a little TLC. I put a 3.46 LSD in it before my son retired it. So that will be my weekend car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: andyd
I dunno, They were Certified pre-owned by the dlrs. Warrantied almost like new.

Are CPO cars mostly Hertz/Avis/National/Budget ex-rental cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back