Supercharged 2005 Mustang GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got done installing a supercharger, cat back exhaust and Ford racing suspension on my Pony.

Nice
laugh.gif

Any work on the heads. Can't remember about the 05-09? series. Still kick myself many times for being a day late on a 07 with all the upgrades and California body package. Trying to find a decent used 12-14 with a Coyote for a birthday present
To bad your in a salt state. Looks great and bet it sounds sweet

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: THafeez
Looks nice! Got any engine pics?
Ask and ye shall receive. No head work needed. Package bought from Brenspeed had all parts needed to produce 520 crank and 450 RWHP which is the limits of stock internals and auto trans. With the tune from Brenspeed it drives like a dream. The car had 48K miles when SC was installed. I bought the car new and it was my wife DD until last January when she retired.

Looks almost factory. Is that a roots style blower? I see the pulley on the front of the motor.

Back in the day I ran a vortech centrifugal blower on a 4.6L car and that was fun, but my buddy had a Ford SVO Roots Blower on a 4.6 and that was a lot more fun to drive.

These new cars make gobs more power than either one of our cars. I think I made 340 at the wheels with an auto trans and a mild tune. 450 at the wheels in a lighter car is insane for a street car.

Have fun and be careful.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Looks almost factory. Is that a roots style blower? I see the pulley on the front of the motor.

450 at the wheels in a lighter car is insane for a street car.

Have fun and be careful.

Current 2017 Ford 5.0 GT is 435hp, weight 3700 lbs and not hard to get them to 600hp. I agree that's insane. Wile E Coyote won't have much problem putting the road runner on the grill:)
Just did a search of repairable ponies and most have front end damage.

Looks great! I hope the motor holds up I read to many stories of guys adding blowers and the stock rods let go! I have a 2013 GT 6 speed man with a 93 octane tune and cat backs it is plenty fast for me.

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Looks good. Plan on any Dyno runs?

Not really. The shop where I got the SC is a well know Mustang tuner that has done many many cars. The day I picked up my unit, they were installing SC on three other cars. The most important factor with a modern car and SC is the tune. You need someone who has done many and have seen just what can happen. We could have gone more aggressive, but those are the setups that you hear about blowing up. I also had the rear end gear changed to a 3.73. The install was fairly easy. It took me about 15 hours total, but I have sever back problems and can only work at about 50% of what I could 5 years ago. The only help I had was to lower the blower into position as it weighed about 70 pounds. It is a roots style blower with an intercooler that blows the air upwards into channels which then directs the flow back down into engine. It is only pushing 6 pounds of boost. The alt had to be repositioned with supplied bracket. The worst part was the nervousness leading up to turning the key for the first time, but it started right up.

Oh nice, a positive displacement blower. I was half hoping to see a Vortech centrifugal blower but I guess the days of those blowers are pretty much behind us.

Anyway, enjoy the mountains of torque available on commend, LAGA!

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Keep it away from any Cars & Coffee get togethers....just saying.

???????

What do you mean by that ?

L O L

Looking good! I'd love to supercharge my 2008 Bullitt. Sadly I've been thinking about selling it lately since I don't drive it very much.

The 4.6 3V is still one of the best sounding mustang engines. That and the pushrod 5.0 of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back