Sitting idle oil types

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daughter started going to school. Wife has been having to sit idle for extended period of times in mornings & evenings to drop off & pick up. Been hot weather so keeps the Santa Fe non-turbo 2.7L below in signature running. Plan on doing 3000-3500 intervals on GTX HM. See any issues with that kind of OCI with extended idle times 20-30 minutes or should I switch over to a full syn like Edge/Edge HM.

*itching to change*
laugh.gif

My truck idles for 6-8 hrs a day. It's a Ford F-150 with 4.6. I don't worry about the oil. Your over thinking the idling. For all you are doing that won't hurt a thing.
It's Hot in Florida so that's idling to run the air conditioner which is even more of a load on the engine.
I do change the oil every 3000 miles though.

Yeah because of the heat, in my country a lot of vehicles idle long when waiting (school for example again).
It wont be a problem.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: planeman223
I often see 50+ SUV's lined up idling away outside schools and think to myself wow, what an incredible waste of energy.
Indeed. Any resource that becomes sufficiently cheap will be wasted or misused.

I am a FedEx Ground driver, my van runs all day long, constant hard acceleration, heavy loads, cold weather, hot weather, high humidity...idling is not the issue, oil changes are.
Your engine is still running at whatever temp it is going to run at, it's not running hotter because it is idling, the oil is not hotter because it is idling. All you are doing is wasting fuel and keeping cool. Keeping your wife cool is the key to a happy marriage. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back