Got Suds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a car wash solution that suds up real good ? I know the suds don't help clean any better, but the visual effects are pleasing. I'm using a wash brush which probably doesn't help with the production of suds. You guys are probably using sponges or wash mitts I would assume.

I have a foam cannon. Makes all the suds.

But yes, a wash mit will produce more suds than a wash brush. More gentle on your finish too. Unless the brush is natural, like boars hair, I'd recommend you stop using it entirely. Synthetic and stiff bristle brushes are for tires and wheel wells.

Every kind I have used suds like crazy if I put it in the bucket first, then add the water fast. Usually to much suds.
And I use a brush also. My old back doesn't reach down to the rocker panels so good anymore.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: old1
Every kind I have used suds like crazy if I put it in the bucket first, then add the water fast. Usually to much suds.
And I use a brush also. My old back doesn't reach down to the rocker panels so good anymore.

you have to make sure the water splash really good for that sudsy effect...
a garden hose shower head will double the amount...

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
I have a foam cannon. Makes all the suds.

But yes, a wash mit will produce more suds than a wash brush. More gentle on your finish too. Unless the brush is natural, like boars hair, I'd recommend you stop using it entirely. Synthetic and stiff bristle brushes are for tires and wheel wells.
+1 I love my foam cannon. Use it with a Ryobi electric pressure washer.

Well I learned something today. I had never heard of a foam cannon until now. I never really needed a pressure washer--but the foam cannon adds an incentive to getting one.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Well I learned something today. I had never heard of a foam cannon until now. I never really needed a pressure washer--but the foam cannon adds an incentive to getting one.

I also have an el cheapo one that I use for cleaning my siding. Lets the soap have a nice long soak and keeps the harsh chemicals off my car's paint by avoiding using my pressure washers's built in tank.

Look up foam cannon videos on YouTube. Oddly satisfying
crackmeup2.gif

They're like $16 on Amazon. They're all the same though.

Meguiars Gold Class is my favorite, lots of foam, smells good and leaves the paint smooth and slick
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Meguiars Gold Class is my favorite, lots of foam, smells good and leaves the paint smooth and slick
cheers3.gif

I also use Meguars Gold Class and like it. It's not to expensive and readily available. It makes more bubbles for me than the cheap soap. There may be something out there that makes even more bubbles, but I'm satisfied.

Also, if you don't want to use a power washer you can use a foam gun. This attaches to a garden hose. Not as foamy as a cannon but it works.

I do not have a pressure washer and use a Gilmour foam gun purchased from Amazon (note the branded foam guns some detailing websites sell are Gilmour). It tends to waste a lot of wash soap but I only use it when the car is really dirty. Even if it doesn't make much difference I feel better knowing the surfactant-heavy solution is running down the car before I take my mitt to it.

Someone mentioned Adam's car shampoo. I used to use that until someone here turned me on to Meguiar's D111 wash. It has a great dilution ratio, works very well, and is much cheaper. I'm a big fan of high-end LSPs but for a heavy consumable like wash soap, the Meguiar's can't be beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back