Pennzoil platinum high mileage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is there not more talk about this oil, its available at most walmarts, looks like a pretty stout oil.the technical data sheets indicate pour point at -51c on all grades which is pretty interesting, its also api sn gf5 resource co serving, wish there was a noack % but pennzoil took them all off for some reason.

I have not seen it at my local Wally or CTC stores up here...Hopefully it doesn't become another unicorn fabulous Pennzoil product that I can't get!

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
I have not seen it at my local Wally or CTC stores up here...Hopefully it doesn't become another unicorn fabulous Pennzoil product that I can't get!

I've never seen the PP HM in Canada. I've seen it at Walmart in America.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
The bronze bottle is so good, why anything else?

I'm pondering PHM and PPHM as I work to slow clean my 2002 H6 Subaru. It's the timing chain engine, with unknown service history for the 100K miles prior to me buying it this year. It looks slightly sludgy under the oil cap.

Have a Wix filter going on, not sure if I'll use PHM or PPHM for my slow clean/seal conditioning runs of 5000 miles or so. I'm on my first run of PHM on my other car to see if it'll slow a rear main weep.

I'm using PPHM 5w-20 in my F-150 right now. I got it for free back when Gena from Pennzoil was offering that limited program of UOA's before and after using Pennzoil. I've still got a lot of mileage left in it before I change it. So far, so good.

I'm planning to run PPHM with a FRAM Ultra at my next OCI in the Odyssey. There's a rebate going on and I'm interested in using a HM full syn as I approach 100k miles. The van has been running bulk oil 5W-20 syn blend from my dealer with NAPA ProSelect filters.

I'll let you know if anything exciting happens!

I emailed the rep on the bitog and asked about VOA. She advised that they do NOT provide that inf0rmation. Valvoline is good to go..

Originally Posted By: Krieg
I emailed the rep on the bitog and asked about VOA. She advised that they do NOT provide that inf0rmation. Valvoline is good to go..

What did you ask for? I don't understand. You mean like the information given on a Blackstone VOA?

Originally Posted By: Krieg
YES. VOA. I didn't see it listed on PQIA. Granted I know there is much more to oil

Ahh I see. Well no manufacturer provides that sort of information so Pennzoil isn't unique in saying they won't.

I would agree; they certainly won't divulge that. They'll say it's proprietary, but that's really too easy of an answer because we can run our own VOAs. However, formulations change all the time. Even a data sheet will say that this is typical of current production, and does not constitute a specification.

I don't think any oil company wants to have telephone support people reading off concentrations of various elements, only to have them change within a few months, or get into a shouting match with someone whose VOA is slightly different and doesn't understand the concept of error bars, much less lab variation.

My brother just put in PPHM 5w20 in his wife's 2016 sonata non turbo . The car only has 26k It should be ok with the seals right ???

It will be fine.

There are literally no non-conventional Pennzoil products on the Walmart shelves around here. On the Walmart site it says they will be in stores next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back