When you realized its ok to use Fram filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is really OK,,it happens down south frequently........................
cheers3.gif

If your going to waste people time with an old video that has nothing to do with the subject matter, include something interesting.

What is old is new again.

It always was. Junk science on the net and "ugliness" does not mean it doesn't filter as it should for the intended application.

I use the Fram Ultra, due to its specs, but the Fram Orange Can is fin for the most part. Probably would let an engine go 300k if well maintained otherwise with a 5k oci.

Originally Posted By: Eddie
about 50 years ago. Ed

+1

Been using Frams (not exclusively) for over 35 years. Never had a worry or problem. The one time I had a 'suspicious' engine failure, I was using a Purolator.

Walmart and auto parts stores across the world sell milions of fram orange can filters.

Except for this website I have never heard of an issue using fram.

I know better, I go for the supertech's on my scion, lol.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
When was it not okay?

There was a time, perhaps 10-12 yrs ago, when using a Fram oil filter was equated to putting Supertech oil on your salad.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
When was it not okay?

This.

I have never bought into the automotive "old wive's tales" that get repeated tens of thousands, even millions of times in the back of shade tree shops by those who consider themselves experts on teh subject because they heard it from their brother-in-law's childhood friend, who works at a Ford dealership, who heard it from one of the old timer mechanics, who heard it from a Pennzoil rep.

Show me the science. Give me evidence. Without it, all you are doing is decreasing your credibility when you repeat these stories to me. I still live by the motto that used to hang over our office at one of my jobs. In God we trust. All others, bring data.

I've used Fram since the first oil change I did back in the 1970s. My only mistake was briefly switching to Purolator, that won't happen again.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back