MotoGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone watching the best racing on the planet? This week in Austria was another classic back-and-forth between Honda and Ducati. Multiple tire strategies, many full-chat passes for the lead and a bonsai dive for the lead in the last corner by legend-in-the-making Marc Marquez. Amazingly, Dovizioso holds him off for the Ducati victory. Thrilling.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FZcHSM1elh4

Last edited:
Yes, have had a subscription to Motogp.com for the last two years. Best racing entertainment bang for the buck I have seen! Great racing.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Not me nor is 99.X of the USA.

Part of the problem is that MotoGP signed a 3 yr deal for North American rights with little known Bein Sports. Unfortunately, I believe their contract goes through 2018. Interestingly, both ESPN and Fox have broadcast rights in areas outside the US.

I get Bein on Comcast 243 which means Comcast doesn't give them an HD channel.

I watch it from time to time on Bein HD. I am always left shaking my head at the way these crazy [censored] ride.Scary talented and without fear it seems. I wish there was some American talent to root for.

I watch them all, eventually. I rarely get the chance to watch the races live.

As for the GOAT (Rossi). MotoGP is dreading the day he retires, as he is by far the most popular rider, and the main draw for the series.

sloinker said, "...I wish there was some American talent to root for."

There was and he was good.

His name was Nicky Hayden but he was killed recently in a pedestrian (bicycle v. car) accident in Italy.

Very sad.

The fact that he's still able to ride at that level at 38, shows just how amazing his ability is. I have hopes he'll win another Championship before he retires, but the competition might just be too strong for that to happen.

Originally Posted By: Kira
sloinker said, "...I wish there was some American talent to root for."

There was and he was good.

His name was Nicky Hayden but he was killed recently in a pedestrian (bicycle v. car) accident in Italy.

Very sad.

It is a tragic loss. He was somebody we could be proud of not only as an American, but as a decent person. The last two years Nicky had left MotoGP, and had been racing in the WSBK series.

Originally Posted By: 02SE
The fact that he's still able to ride at that level at 38, shows just how amazing his ability is. I have hopes he'll win another Championship before he retires, but the competition might just be too strong for that to happen.

Agree 100%. It was the same with Michael Schumacher in Formula 1. Had he stuck with Mercedes a few more years, who knows how many more World Driving Championships he could have won?

Originally Posted By: billt460

Agree 100%. It was the same with Michael Schumacher in Formula 1. Had he stuck with Mercedes a few more years, who knows how many more World Driving Championships he could have won?

Schumi was getting beat by Rosberg pretty soundly though at for the last 3 years, nearly double the points for 2 of those years.
Motorbikes in general seem to separate small differences in talent, far more than cars IMO, so for Rossi to be near the front for so long is very impressive. I should watch more races, they are usually quite entertaining.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Originally Posted By: billt460

Schumi was getting beat by Rosberg pretty soundly though at for the last 3 years, nearly double the points for 2 of those years.
Motorbikes in general seem to separate small differences in talent, far more than cars IMO, so for Rossi to be near the front for so long is very impressive. I should watch more races, they are usually quite entertaining.

Very good observation. Marquez will become the GOAT if he doesn't kill himself first. The slo-mo of his attempted pass in my first post is mind boggling. He will re-write all the records for poles and wins.

Bein has a single show covering Moto 3, Moto 2 and MotoGP. I've forced myself to watch all three this year to learn about the up and comers and the two junior classes are very entertaining as well.

Last edited:
This is why I have the subscription to Motogp.com. No commercials, can watch anytime I want, etc.

One nice thing nice about bein sports coverage.....once the race starts, flag to flag coverage with no commercial interruption!

I stream BT Sports, and watch it at midnight on sundays...until we go to daylight saving, and then it's on at 1.00am, so catch it a week later on free to air sports. Best motor racing on the planet. That was a dumb move by MM, but Dovi knew he was coming and planned it perfectly. Same as Rossi at Assen when MM dive bombed him in the last corner, he knew it was coming and had a strategy. The kid is getting saner by the year, but still pulls these moves if he can.

I grew up idolizing Kenny Roberts then Eddie Lawson and Freddie Spencer. (Went to Road America to watch the latter two duke it out on superbikes.) The old GP 2-strokes they raced were evil monsters. All the Americans grew up on dirt tracks and weren't afraid to slide the bike on pavement. Marquez has the same cojones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back