Brad Penn 10w40 or Amsoil 10w40 for flex fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Looking for new oil for Mitsubishi EVO X, stock block and upgraded turbo. 400~450 awhp. Drives 3~4 days a week. Car is built for fun daily, which i do drive hard when roads are open and no other cars.

Been running Rotella T6 since its stock turbo, which i felt OK. Strong fuel smell from oil and tap dirt was inside turbo (which was NOT too bad, maybe dirt got in when i was removing it. I dont know)

Now filled with Mobil 1 0w40 for temporary.

I like to try either Brad penn 10w40 or Amsoil 10w40 for Flexfuel (e85/93). Both oil has high zinc/pho. ofcourse Brad Penn is cheaper, it will make my wallet happy.
Im looking to do change 2000~2500 miles or 3 months. im located in TX.

From those two which oil do you recommend for all year around?

Thank you.

I would like to see someone run that Redline 10W-60 in a turbo.
grin.gif

Changing oil so often no use in using AMSoil. Brad Penn is good stuff, but there are also other oils that will do you EVOX just fine as well.

Changing that frequently, the Brad Penn is OK. But so is Chevron Supreme from Costco, or Havoline or QS Defy, etc.

You are changing because of fuel contamination. Not because you have beaten the oil to death ... Any premium dino oil will absorb fuel as well as can be expected. No use getting all concerned about "synthetic".

There is no proof that syns actually lubricate any better than premium dino oils. And your change interval means you are not using the extended drain capabilities of syns, so why bother ...

Yep, i do feel better putting new oil with e85. But from my research, there wasnt many oil carry high zinc/pho. Which why i ended up looking at Brad Penn.

Thanks

Brad Penn doesn't have the dispersants needed to run for long OCI's... It's more of a severe duty/racing oil that doesn't stay in an engine for long.

Seriously? There is NOTHING wrong with running Mobil 1 0w40 or Rotella T6.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno

There is no proof that syns actually lubricate any better than premium dino oils. And your change interval means you are not using the extended drain capabilities of syns, so why bother ...

Truth! Preach it, Broc.

I do like the higher temp stability of synthetics, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back