Shell Rotella brand oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know shells rotella brand oil is known as a quality oil. But during the last oil change on my 1995 chevy 350. I was in walmart and noticed they now have rotella brand filters. What is your opinion on these filters? I ended up looking in the book and they did have one that would fit the 350 and it was about $5 so i figured why not. Its currently on the truck with approximately 3,000 miles on it. Does anyone know anything about the filters? There was a sign next to them in walmart advertising them as new to the rotella line. Would you trust it?

"Testing Target for efficiency: 20 microns nominal efficiency multi-pass based on ISO 4548-12. Nominal efficiencies range from 90% to 95% depending on the specific application."

http://rotella.shell.com/products/rotella-filters.html

Says built in the US, so probably built by Purolator/M+H because it has the flat spiral spring on the bypass valve which is only seen on Purolator built filters. See PDF spec sheet link in the link I gave for good exploded view.

Not sure of their use of the term "nominal efficiency", which typically means 50% efficiency.

If it's related to Purolator at all, .... run away. Do not buy. Do not let your friends use it. They are infamous for poor quality and tearing issues.

I believe they are, but we have seen maybe one opened up here, unused. It looked a lot more like old Purolator, as in non-tearing, with a string around the media. If they're all done that way, I'd have no issue. But, we hardly see any here to have any idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back