Napa's baseline oil now blend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local Napa just started stocking 5 qt. jugs of oil, including house brand 5w20 and '30, which is labeled as "Premium Protection synthetic blend". I was under the impression Napa's oils are all slightly weaker formulations of Valvoline, making the oil in question a close relative to VWB, which last time I looked is still labeled "conventional" - though I've read that VWB 5w20 and '30 is a syn blend, regardless. So is Valvoline just not taking advantage of the opportunity to label theirs a blend while Napa is, or...?

Originally Posted By: Alex_V
My local Napa just started stocking 5 qt. jugs of oil, including house brand 5w20 and '30, which is labeled as "Premium Protection synthetic blend". I was under the impression Napa's oils are all slightly weaker formulations of Valvoline, making the oil in question a close relative to VWB, which last time I looked is still labeled "conventional" - though I've read that VWB 5w20 and '30 is a syn blend, regardless. So is Valvoline just not taking advantage of the opportunity to label theirs a blend while Napa is, or...?
Valvoline has been labeling their VWB 5W20 & 5W30 as a blend since early this year-
http://content.valvoline.com/pdf/premium_conventional.pdf

Last edited:
All blends to meet GF5, no? but .. Blend with what?

Non synthetic hydrocracked with non synthetic severe hydroprocessed?

Forget "synthetic" in the US. Doesn't tell you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back