Shell Rotella T6 5W40 CJ-4/SM vs CK-4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got the results back today. Thought i'd pass on the info. In both images the CJ-4/SM in on the left, while the CK-4 is on the right.

ZCngYam.jpg

M75ZhoI.jpg

Originally Posted By: ArcticDriver
Can you confirm for me that CJ-4 is on the left and CK-4 is on the right? The CJ-4 has the high Moly?

I am in your debt for your being kind enough to pursue and to share this with us.

me too..... that was really nice of you to get the VOA done and share it Brett.

Steve

Thanks for sharing. Rotella CK-4 still has phosphorus above 1000; Ford should be happy with that and add it to the approved list.

Oddly enough, the Shell Rotella products up here are available in 5 litre jugs, unlike most of the competition, which is either 4 litre or 4 quart jugs (aside from pails, drums, and so forth).

I just picked up two of the new 5 liter jugs at canadian tire for $40 CAD each. Will take me at least a year to get enough kms on to do a UOA. Wish me luck.

I use that stuff on everything, goes great on salad. 😜

I used it in my Land Rover, I no longer have that and I now currently use T6 in my Land Cruiser, I love that oil. I think it is the best oil you can buy for the money. And you can get it anywhere.

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
IMHO: If the new version is not API rated SM or SN for gas engines, I'd steer clear of using it in those applications!

+1000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back