Supertech Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hub

I recently stumbled onto a website where the pros and cons of using store brand oil vs a big oil product were discussed. One reply in support of supertech synthetic oil stated BITOG had supertech labratory tested. If this is true I would be interested in a summary of the labratory report.

Last edited:
Many uoa's out there, it seams to be a fine oil, but I personally would add a moly supplement if I was gonna use it. Here is the uoa pqia , very decent but not really a long oil change interval (low starting tbn) and missing moly when most companies recognize the benefit of moly.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: burla
Many uoa's out there, it seams to be a fine oil, but I personally would add a moly supplement if I was gonna use it. Here is the uoa pqia , very decent but not really a long oil change interval (low starting tbn) and missing moly when most companies recognize the benefit of moly.

Ah, but the Supertech Synthetic tested in 2013 showed a healthy dose of Boron, which, if I'm not mistaken, more than makes up for the missing Moly. I'm sure others here can speak more to this end than I can.

There was a great UOA with moly additive on here a few months back.

List of oil companies that agree with you very small, list of companies that agree with me on moly = very many. The only true popular oil company that doesn't have moly is valvoline. I usually don't go with the crowd, but as far as with moly, I like the crowd.

Castrol Edge, M!, Pennzoil, quaker state, mobil super, kendall, shaeffers, shell, havoline, Amsoil, Enos, Fram, Redline, Motul, and I can keep going if you like all have moly.

List of have nots, Valvoline, Royal Purple (otc), Super Tech, Lucas, and some other no names.

List of oil companies that agree with you very small, list of companies that agree with me on moly = very many. The only true popular oil company that doesn't have moly is valvoline. I usually don't go with the crowd, but as far as with moly, I like the crowd.

Castrol Edge, M!, Pennzoil, quaker state, mobil super, kendall, shaeffers, shell, havoline, Amsoil, Enos, Fram, Redline, Motul, and I can keep going if you like all have moly.

List of have nots, Valvoline, Royal Purple (otc), Super Tech, Lucas, and some other no names.

Yet we see no differences in wear overall between those with and those without it.

I have my current stock of Quaker State Ultimate Durability if nothing else is on sale when I need my next batch of full synthetic I have no issues using Supertech.

Here you go! All you need to know
laugh.gif

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Wal_Mart_Oil/info

Another way to sum this up is that those oil companies using Sodium, don't use Moly. Shaeffer's is the only exception on this list. And I'm not sure why. Is it a compatability or cost issue?

Pqia 30 grade synthetics from 2013

Just to update this topic 5-27-19 from Project Farm this week looks like the (Warren produced) SuperTech 5w30 Synthetic is finally now getting a higher count of moly additive from Blackstone Labs, the counts are 65 Supertech and 64 Amazon Basics. This oil is starting to look better and better.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by 69GTX
Originally Posted by burla

Another way to sum this up is that those oil companies using Sodium, don't use Moly. Shaeffer's is the only exception on this list. And I'm not sure why. Is it a compatability or cost issue?

Pqia 30 grade synthetics from 2013

Sodium and molybdenum have different functions.

Originally Posted by MINItech
Just to update this topic 5-27-19 from Project Farm this week looks like the (Warren produced) SuperTech 5w30 Synthetic is finally now getting a higher count of moly additive from Blackstone Labs, the counts are 65 Supertech and 64 Amazon Basics. This oil is starting to look better and better.
grin.gif

If more is better then why not 100? 200? 500? Maybe go for 1000

This thread is really outdated.

Originally Posted by PimTac
grin.gif

If more is better then why not 100? 200? 500? Maybe go for 1000

This thread is really outdated.

You beat me to it, PimTac

Last edited:
grin.gif

I appreciate the update....I always like to hear what the latest 'formula' for each brand is....

I've used ST syn and liked it.

Originally Posted by pbm
grin.gif

I appreciate the update....I always like to hear what the lastest 'formula' for a brand is....

I've used ST syn and liked it.

Im using it now and I can't feel a difference compared to Pennzoil Platinum it replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back