Any data on Motorex KTM Racing 4T 20W/60 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any data regarding the Motorex KTM Racing 4T 20W/60 oil. The motorex website does not tell anything.
Does anyone have any info on what is in the oil?
It's a very expensive oil and naturally one wants to know if it's worth it.

Last edited:
Mostly PAO, some ZDDP, and calcium sulfonate according to the SDS. Other than that, I'd have to assume the regular assortment of ingredients for a a heavy PAO engine oil: anti-oxidants, additional detergents, some ester base fluid, and perhaps some additional anti-wear or extreme pressure additives since it for shared sump bikes.

KTM Racing 4T 20W60 SDS

Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist
Mostly PAO, some ZDDP, and calcium sulfonate according to the SDS. Other than that, I'd have to assume the regular assortment of ingredients for a a heavy PAO engine oil: anti-oxidants, additional detergents, some ester base fluid, and perhaps some additional anti-wear or extreme pressure additives since it for shared sump bikes.

KTM Racing 4T 20W60 SDS

Thank you but I still don't know if the $25 per quart is worth it or not.

Originally Posted By: Ansky
Originally Posted By: MotoTribologist

KTM Racing 4T 20W60 SDS

Thank you but I still don't know if the $25 per quart is worth it or not.

That all depends on your riding conditions. If you are not subjecting your bike to extreme racing conditions, a full synthetic 20W-60 "race" oil probably won't provide you with much benefit over a less expensive alternative.

5 Qt jug of M1 15-50 at WM for $23-$26 and call it a day. If you dont like "Car Oil" then the M1 4T 20w-50 is only $10/qt. $25 a quart is robbery

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454
5 Qt jug of M1 15-50 at WM for $23-$26 and call it a day. If you dont like "Car Oil" then the M1 4T 20w-50 is only $10/qt. $25 a quart is robbery

That'd be quite the trip to get to a Walmart from Switzerland.

good oil but surely not @ $25 a qt, gotta be alternatives even if you need to get it shipped!!! BMW bike oils are similarly overpriced!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back