2017 Solar Eclipse

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you guys doing for the event??? Anything? Nothing?

We're getting 90% totality where I'm; I'm honestly thinking about taking the backroads to the Nebraska panhandle to view it. Seems like a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'm close enough for it to be a half day trip. BUT........I don't want to get into a mass chaos traffic jam with a bunch of morons.

I'm loving all the conspiracy stuff surrounding the event. The numerology of dates and all that stuff. Entertaining if anything. I hope the 2nd coming is not upon us.
lol.gif

80% in Cleveland where I'll be. Staying away from crazies. Have a friend that is going to check it out the totality in Wyoming...hotels that normally go for $69 are over $400!

I have a pinhole projector that I will take a gander. Other than that what is there to do about it? I have seen them before and it is quite interesting to experience. Birds stop chirping, feels like dusk in the middle of the day, then return to normal.

I don't follow conspiracies around astronomy. I on the other hand hope that the 2nd is upon us. This world is s toilet and needs a flushing.

My in-laws are going to Tennessee to see it, but my FIL is a pretty hardcore amateur astronomer. He went to Siberia in 1997 to see one but was a bit disappointed because it early spring and the sun was fairly low in the sky.
I'm tempted to drive to Tennessee or Kentucky myself as this one should be good!

Staying in Gatlinburg, which I think is in the 99.9% coverage range. Depending on traffic we plan to try to watch from Cades Cove, or if we cant get close enough we'll park somewhere up in the hills a little south where its 100%. It just happens to be my big 5-0 that day so I consider this a divine birthday present from the solar system.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a clear sky so we can at least see some of it!

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
It's supposed to be about 60% in Ontario, so I will step out from my work to the parking lot to look at it, provided it's not cloudy.

CBC has an interactive map that had Toronto at about 72% at 1418h. Windsor's coverage is a bit better for obvious reasons. My family and I'll likely just view from home or nearby park.

http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/eclipse-2017/

Originally Posted By: MobilinHyundia
I really hope the 2nd coming is very soon too.

I am in no way familiar with the bible; but I run a farmers market here in Windsor and one of our vendors is a preacher who spoke to me at length about how this eclipse and some other celestial event slated for Sept. 23 is rife with prophecy.

100% where I live for about two minutes. I'll be working.
While the entire event lasts more than two minutes, I have a feeling a lot of people will have remorse after paying huge amounts of money for motel bills and then have it over after such a short time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Those talking about the second coming, whose second coming are you referring to? Because the one I'm thinking of, there is no mention of an eclipse in the scripture.

The second coming of [censored]. But a lot of VERY BAD things will preceed His coming.

All new for 2017, the Solar Eclipse. Elon Musk's hipster/vintage spinoff of Tesla is debuting with an electric reissue of the Eclipse. Musk ventured solo into urban factory ruins in Normal, Illinois to retrieve the original tooling.

The power comes from the batteries in your vape mod. Bring a vaping friend and they can plug in their mod and double your range!

Solar... the future of retro.

Originally Posted By: CR94
100% here. Need to find a convenient, uncrowded hilltop.

Please do. Try and post a picture how it look like at that very moment. So we can see how dark it really gets there.

I would think about visiting some friends who just moved to NC for a better view, but we are moving my daughter into college right around then...that's a much bigger event for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back