100% PAO/Ester Synthetic.. Is this it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I use in my Kawasaki Ninja 1000
The label claims 100% Synthetic PAO/Ester

MVMavmH.jpg

World wide Elf has been the recommended oil by the Kawasaki factory since 2007 for racing and became the factory fill since 2010 and packaged and sold as Kawasaki engine oil since then. If you have not heard of Elf then you're probably not a fan of any kind of motorized racing.

Elf was purchased by Total in 2000, 1 year after Total purchased Fina. The combined company was known as TotalFinaElf for a brief period.

Elf's only PAO oil is their 10W60 Sport Campione. Everything else they make is labeled 'Synthetic Technology' which is Euro-Speak for Group III.

Originally Posted By: Oro_O
Is this a boatload cheaper than Redline? Otherwise why not that?

Since its Kawasaki PAO/ester oil, I'd just use what's recommended. It can't be any more expensive than Redline, about $15 per quart. (??)
Redline is also PAO/ester, good stuff, about half PAO in their car engine oils.

Originally Posted By: Stevie
This is what I use in my Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ..The label claims 100% Synthetic PAO/Ester

They aren't lying on the label; its a true GroupIV/V oil. Smart to use Kawasaki's own label oil for a Kawasaki, especially since you can't improve on it using any other brand. Elf/Total is well respected.

Originally Posted By: Kira
So, is Mobil1 0W-40 European Formula a 100% PAO or some kind of blend?

Don't yell at me if the answer is "known", I do not know.

It's a blend just like every other oil.

Red Line does not cost $15 a quart and it's a good oil for DD's and extended drain intervals.

The Kawasaki/Elf oil is also an excellent oil. You just might have to shop around a bit to get a better price just like with Red Line.

Compare HTHS, Visc at 100, and NOACK against other oils. Besides what redline says about their oils, they excel against all other oils in the field in all 3 categories. If your oil is not excelling in these areas, I would tend to doubt it is 100%. I certainly welcome any oil that wants to use esters. I get my redline 5w30 off ebay for 9.95 a qrt shipped free, 5w20 I get even cheaper most of the time. To be honest I would prefer to use costco deal m1, but redline is the only oil gonna keep hemi tick away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back