OD Green Glock 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Picked up one of the summer special OD Green Gen 3 Glock 17s. I normally am not into 9mm, but this was too cool to pass up. Also had Trijicon HD XR sights installed. I like how the front turns green in the dark.

We have an approved handgun register and no Gen 4s are on the list. Anyway, staying away from political stuff, this gun is pretty awesome. I want to get out to a range soon and break it in. I have a 22RTF2 and absolutely love it.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
I feel for you guys stuck behind enemy lines.

Yeah, I'm going to a gun show this weekend and might conduct some business with another United States citizen face to face.

You know, buy some jewelry, jerky, and tee shirts.
wink.gif

Sorry for the thread derail, Good looking pistol, it's a G17, what more needs said. Well except sorry about the 10 round mags.
frown.gif

The Dillon Blue Press had a good article on, "Acceptable Gun Colors", this month. It said : "There are only two completely acceptable colors for a gun's major metal components. Black and silver. We will, at the very outside, accept dark grey, as in Parkerizing. That is IT. Period, end of story. Light Grey and Flat Dark Earth indicate a person has played WAY too much Call Of Duty". I have to say I pretty much agree.

Originally Posted By: billt460
The Dillon Blue Press had a good article on, "Acceptable Gun Colors", this month. It said : "There are only two completely acceptable colors for a gun's major metal components. Black and silver. We will, at the very outside, accept dark grey, as in Parkerizing. That is IT. Period, end of story. Light Grey and Flat Dark Earth indicate a person has played WAY too much Call Of Duty". I have to say I pretty much agree.

If bdcardinal wanted a fuschia and lime green Glock 17, more power to him. It's a free country. There are more substantial things to discuss about firearms than what color they are.

Originally Posted By: NateDN10
If bdcardinal wanted a fuschia and lime green Glock 17, more power to him. It's a free country. There are more substantial things to discuss about firearms than what color they are.

Yet you're discussing it.
grin.gif
grin.gif

Very nice! I have a G26 G4 in olive that allows me to easily pick it up versus the G27 or G33. Colors can have their advantages.

I'm sorry about the ten round mags, too...

If I were trapped in your state, I would lean towards a 3rd gen Glock 20 or 21. Might as well make those ten rounds count!

But that is a nice pistol you've got there.
cheers3.gif

Last edited:

Was the next article complaining about how Heinz 57 Ketchup was too spicy?

Luckily the green frame is plastic, so he's off the hook. Took a quick look at the G5, no finger grooves. Never bothered me but many don't like them.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Took a quick look at the G5, no finger grooves. Never bothered me but many don't like them.

All 7 of my Glock's are Gen 3. Including my new 17-L. I like the finger grooves. They fit my...... Wait for it...... FINGERS!..... Oh, and yes they're all black.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Took a quick look at the G5, no finger grooves. Never bothered me but many don't like them.

All 7 of my Glock's are Gen 3. Including my new 17-L. I like the finger grooves. They fit my...... Wait for it...... FINGERS!..... Oh, and yes they're all black.
grin.gif

I don't own any gen 4 yet, but I like finger grooves. Nothing on the gen 5 seems all that compelling, other than the supposed better finish. Time will tell if the trigger is truly better... cue sig p320...

It seems the compelling thing is the dual recoil spring from the gen 4, but I'm not missing it on my 19. When I get a 21 I'll get a gen 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back