new t-mobile deal for old folks-2 LINES $60 PER MO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently T-MOBILE have a deal for 55+ (only one has to be 55) where you get 2 unlimited everything planes for $60 per month. Check with them for fine print but I think you cannot merge with other T-MOBILE deals you may already have. FWIW

We pay $25 each per month with Project Fi, sometimes less. There are some disadvantages but overall it works for us.

TMobile is the best where I live. Never a called dropped. Had Verizon, ATT and Sprint and Cricket when it was by itself. Seems like other lesser states don't have the same luck with tmobile.

My prepaid plan is $C 18.00/month [$US 14.50]. Hard to beat that [carrier: SaskTel]. 250 daytime minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends, and unlimited anytime minutes to another cellphone on the same network, unlimited text US & Canada.

Adding Data would bring that to $C 40 [$US 32.00], which includes more daytime minutes as well, but I don't use what I have now, so that's not important to me. Data is unlimited with a speed throttle at 10 GB/month.

My contract, which I closed because I needed to reduce spending (retired) was $C 65 ($US 52.00] and was unlimited everything Canada-wide except text / videotext / imagetext which was unlimited US & Canada. For $10 more [$US 61.00] you could extend the unlimited everything plan to US & Canada, and add it on a month-by-month basis, so basically only when you travelled.

Neither plan had a Data cap, and Personal Hotspot was enabled by default, so I used to connect my home internet through the phone, so my Internet costs were $0. Typical monthly Data used was around 30 GB.

CricketWireless.com is the only cell service anyone, well almost anyone looking to not overpay for full service cell service needs. This reply is directed to the OP, not the people in here who are hooked up with cut rate, low service plans.

All prices include all taxes and fees, no activation, free shipping to your door.
All unlimited data, talk, text, NEVER EVER a surcharge.
First rate, First class, ATT service.

Ummmm... so whats the discussion for someone who wants an unlimited cost effective plan on one the nations best networks? :eek:)

You can have up to FIVE LINES, UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, ACTUAL MONTHLY PAYMENT $100.00 (must be autodraft.

As far as the OP, 1 line $40, 2 lines are $70.00, 3 lines $90, 4 lines $100 and if you want, you can have the 5th LINE FOR FREE!!! Unlimited everything!

ALL ACTUAL PAYMENT, not like some of these other prices quoted here were tax gets added in, admin fees added in, line charges get added in, surcharges get added in, ya, da, ya, da !!! :eek:)

Best of all you can be any age you want! Not just over 55!

Last edited:
See my Consumer Cellular UPDATE. I'm paying $45/mo for two lines of service and that's including all taxes, fees, surcharges. Oh! and you don't have to be 55+

Originally Posted By: GemStater
See my Consumer Cellular UPDATE. I'm paying $45/mo for two lines of service and that's including all taxes, fees, surcharges. Oh! and you don't have to be 55+

However you don't get unlimited data like this plan. So dependent on your personal use case one may be better then the other.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

However you don't get unlimited data like this plan. So dependent on your personal use case one may be better then the other.

Yes, that is true which is what I like about Consumer Cellular, you're not lumped in to an expensive one-size fits all plan that you don't need or use. How many 55+ folks really need/use unlimited data? Perhaps some? For me, I'm younger than 55 and find I don't "need" that much data especially when most places I go offer free WiFi. But if I do end up needing more data, I can always up my data in $10 dollar increments.

Originally Posted By: madRiver

Yes, that is true which is what I like about Consumer Cellular, you're not lumped in to an expensive one-size fits all plan that you don't need or use. How many 55+ folks really need/use unlimited data? Perhaps some? For me, I'm younger than 55 and find I don't "need" that much data especially when most places I go offer free WiFi. But if I do end up needing more data, I can always up my data in $10 dollar increments.

Since the OP is looking for unlimited, Consumer is not for him.
Honestly, I dont see how any modern smart phone wouldnt burn through 250 megs just sitting at idle, never mind using it. Just at idle/standby your two phones would use up the 500 megs total for the two lines.
My wife and I use about 2 gigs per line, 4 gigs for the month, on average. Your plan would then cost $90 a month for that amount of data, never mind you have limited talk time of 750 minutes per phone.Plus possible roaming charges.

Anyway, I think the TMobile Plan he mentions (or Cricketwireless) is far and away the best plan for most people, simply because there is never any charges and if you use your smart phone to its full potential you will never run out of data OR incur a surcharge as you do Consumer.

We really are talking apples and oranges though, the OP is looking for an unlimited plan, Consumer Cellular is not looking for that type of customer.

Originally Posted By: alarmguy
CricketWireless.com is the only cell service anyone, well almost anyone looking to not overpay for full service cell service needs. This reply is directed to the OP, not the people in here who are hooked up with cut rate, low service plans.

All prices include all taxes and fees, no activation, free shipping to your door.

Ummmm... so whats the discussion for someone who wants an unlimited cost effective plan on one the nations best networks? :eek:)

You can have up to FIVE LINES, UNLIMITED EVERYTHING, ACTUAL MONTHLY PAYMENT $100.00 (must be autodraft.

As far as the OP, 1 line $40, 2 lines are $70.00, 3 lines $90, 4 lines $100 and if you want, you can have the 5th LINE FOR FREE!!! Unlimited everything!

ALL ACTUAL PAYMENT, not like some of these other prices quoted here were tax gets added in, admin fees added in, line charges get added in, surcharges get added in, ya, da, ya, da !!! :eek:)

I purchased a new phone for a financially inept relative on her cricket plan and was charged an activation fee. Also, it seems cricket caps their data speed at 8Mbps AND charges $10 a month for tethering. I'm on T-Mobile and travel to Mexico and Canada frequently for work. There are no international roaming fees. You get what you pay for.

Originally Posted By: maximus

I purchased a new phone for a financially inept relative on her cricket plan and was charged an activation fee. Also, it seems cricket caps their data speed at 8Mbps AND charges $10 a month for tethering. I'm on T-Mobile and travel to Mexico and Canada frequently for work. There are no international roaming fees. You get what you pay for.

Impossible to respond to your post.
There are no details and your lumping a whole bunch of stuff and REQUIREMENTS regarding what you did for yourself and what you did for your aunt and left out where you got your aunts phone and details.

I suggest you go back the OP, as the OP listed prices as I did.

Ummm, no, in this world you do not get what you pay for, you pay for what a company can get out of you, no matter what the product is.

Certain plans will work for certain people and not others, HOW THE HECK WE GOT INTO INTERNATIONAL data on a simple OP post about "Old Folks Phone Plan" is beyond me. Im not going there as it wasnt part of the OP requirements but is available.

Last but not least, as far as getting what you pay for, as my previous post states, you get on one of the best cell networks in the United States with never a surcharge and unlimited everything, ATT which factually has greater coverage then TMOBILE.

Again, all good stuff here and its easy to get a good plan with a click of a mouse, best of all, with no contract, if you dont like it, you can cancel.

But my god, Tmobile 4 lines for $160.00??
I can pay Cricket $80 for 4 lines, unlimited everything including ALL fees and TAXES and NEVER a surcharge.

Last edited:
PS, just checked out the Tmobile 55+ deal, good deal if you are over 55, otherwise Tmobile has really increased their rates.

I would call the Tmobile 55 plan a great deal as one understands that TMobile coverage can be spotty in outside of metro areas and cities.
As long as the OP can verify coverage for the area they will need the phone, go for it! If not, Cricketwireless.com

And Cricket for anyone under 55. Im shocked at how high TMobile rates have gone.

Ok ...lets take a step back, just checked out Tmobiles site, cant help but feel once again they are going back to their roots as a mainstream carrier.
Crickets phone prices are WAY better too.
Tmobile = $75 for a flip phone? Good god! You can get the same manufactures top rated smart phone around the same price on Cricket.
ALcatel.

anyway, whatever, done with this thread *LOL* The internet is your friend, people who use it, can save lots of money, in fact saving money on ins, TV, phones, ect, ect paid for my 14 Road King in full.

Last edited:

anyway, whatever, done with this thread *LOL* The internet is your friend, people who use it, can save lots of money, in fact saving money on ins, TV, phones, ect, ect paid for my 14 Road King in full.

Did we just learn AOL isn't the internet?

Originally Posted By: maximus

Did we just learn AOL isn't the internet?

I think you have a lot to learn and you, clearly uninformed with no way to go (or answer) so you play the smart [censored] I, working with data, infrastructure, cell units and video on a daily basis, never mine communicating to my office on both the verizon and att networks, as well as a tablet and laptop tethered with a verizon phone, your limited knowledge shows through to me, and becomes more evident the more you belittle the thoughts of others as inferior to your own thoughts.
At the least, respect other thoughts and you might learn something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cricket usually runs some deals a few times a year for a free cheap samsung galaxy phone (entry level), and sometimes they pay you $100 in service credits to port in a new line.

We did that for my wife's phone, so we ended up with a cheap/free phone and 3.5 months of service for free.

Service has been very good. ATT is king in the rural Texas roads near my wife's work.

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Cricket usually runs some deals a few times a year for a free cheap samsung galaxy phone (entry level), and sometimes they pay you $100 in service credits to port in a new line.

We did that for my wife's phone, so we ended up with a cheap/free phone and 3.5 months of service for free.

Service has been very good. ATT is king in the rural Texas roads near my wife's work.

Yes, I just looked into the OP question about the TMobile plan. It doesnt seem like a bad plan if your ok with TMobile coverage. They are not up to par with ATT and Verizon more so in the less populated areas.

TMobile advertising on that point is a little misleading (for lack of better words) if one looks into it.
TMobile is claiming the largest LTE network coverage and I am sure that is true, but the catch is, some people might think that to mean TMobile has the best coverage OR good coverage compared to ATT and Verizon. That is not true.

More or less, in the areas TMobile has coverage they have rolled out the next generation FAST LTE network/coverage faster then ATT and Verizon making TMobile a leader and top honors of having the largest LTE network which is great but does not do any good if there are no towers to give the full coverage ATT and Verizon does.

Anyway, if the OP would be happy with the TMobile plan for 55+ year old people and has coverage in the areas he lives and travels its not bad, also only a MAX of 2 phones allowed for that plan. There maybe more fine print but it kind of looks like it is what it is, I would just verify the $60 a month is the ACTUAL PAYMENT for the 2 unlimited everything lines.

One other catch, is the phones offered by TMobile are not cheap, $75 for a flip phone, never mind a smart phone and it goes up from there. They seem to want to get you into a repayment plan that almost reminds me of the full contract plans, minus the contract because the phones are so expensive, so they kind of got their hooks in you that you have no contract but if you cancel and did not provide your own phone or get a cheap phone, you will have to pay off the phone at the time you cancel.
Cricket you buy the phone or the sim card and you are truly free and can cancel at anytime (after 2 months, verify it hasnt changed)

Anyway, choices are good, internet is their friend, just have to research what works for them and most important ask what/find out what the actual payment is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back