110K mile suspension improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just ordered front and rear sway bar bushings, front and rear lower shock bushings, steering rack kit, and some subframe and rear diff bushings. Unbelievably cheap and a huge upgrade from the stock rubber type.

And to make sure they help properly I also have my tire guy shopping for new Michelin PSS 4's. Going to be back on the track a bit after this.

Woo hoo!

thumbsup2.gif
That's awesome

Originally Posted By: Kira
Do we know your vehicle? Whatever it is, good luck with it.

That would be my Sig car, 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
thumbsup2.gif
That's awesome

Oh yes it is. These bushings and such will sharpen the responses to better than new levels. The thing I liked is the choices between hard red urethane and softer black. Just a bit better than OEM as that is obviously where Chrysler saved money. The factory shocks are still fantastic (Bilstein front and Sachs Nivomat rear), just needed some lower bushings.

Amazing to me at this mileage needing so few parts.

What do you know about the new PSS4's? They look fantastic on paper...

I've been waiting for some actual road tests before drawing an opinion. You are right though, the PS4S looks incredible on paper, claiming to be an improvement over the PSS, which blows my mind.

I've been waiting for some actual road tests before drawing an opinion. You are right though, the PS4S looks incredible on paper, claiming to be an improvement over the PSS, which blows my mind.

Well, after 5 days of break in I can say they are amazing. It has rained incessantly here for days now, so no dry road experience at all, but they are stuck well in the wet!!!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

Well, after 5 days of break in I can say they are amazing. It has rained incessantly here for days now, so no dry road experience at all, but they are stuck well in the wet!!!

Well, hopefully by the time I need tires, Michelin will make them in my size. Presently, Pirelli is the only brand that makes them
smirk.gif

Last edited:
Looks like, not surprisingly, that the Trackhawk is shod with the same set of shoes as mine. I have the summer ones, which are nice, but I would prefer a Michelin.

Only went poly on the swaybar bushings, but it did get new control arms and bushings. Even at 140k my old 96 Mustang carves something decent! Only problem is the rear gets a little squirrely now, as its all original rubber.

Did the swaybar bushings separately and they really are a huge bang for the buck part.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back