Who said vintage oil is bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Red91
Who cares? There are much worse things in the world than someone using SE in SN applications.

If you dislike vintage oil, stay out of the thread.

It's the responsibility of the individual to seek education on these matters, not yours to be annoying when no one asked.

You're being foolish. You're dismissing the entire POINT OF BITOG'S EXISTENCE. Get your head out of the sand.

Quote:
While it is true that we as long time members understand that a 3,000 mile OCI with the oil OP posted is not likely to actually cause harm to a 1996 Ford modular V8, lurkers and non-members may read this thread and think API SE is suitable for newer engines using OEM recommended OCIs, which it definitely is not.

If you don't like helping educate others and giving accurate, educated advice, you shouldn't be a giving advice at all.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
Using an SE oil in a car that specs SN is stupid.
There are many reasons for a car to run correct spec oil.
Read up on it.

Thank you.

I have a small can collection with no interest in the oil inside - and multi Vis (Uniflo, M1) go way back in time - so not about mono. If I did own something from a bygone era - I'd research 4 or 5 main properties and find an HDEO or some other modern oil well up to the task. I can get nostalgic about cans, signs, and enco rain gauges - but not the lubes.

Meh...Thanks for ruining a cool thread. My head isn't in the sand just because I disagree with you.

If anyone remembers the original post, the QS in question was going to be used in an early 70's GMC and an early 80's Oldsmobile.

If people wish to be educated, they'll ask questions. No one asked about using an SE oil in an SN application.

I agree with userfriendly, as one cannot start an interesting, thought provoking thread on BITOG without the API police coming in to break up the riff raff. I hope you guys get a medal for your bravery.

Originally Posted By: Red91
I agree with userfriendly, as one cannot start an interesting, thought provoking thread on BITOG without the API police coming in to break up the riff raff. I hope you guys get a medal for your bravery.

It's a discussion forum. Quit wearing your emotions on your sleeve.

Yeah, sad some people think it's so awful to use Oil like this.

My dad has no issue running old oils and he's 68
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back