2015 Powerstroke EGT sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had this fail on my pickup. My engine has 4 exhaust gas temp (EGT) sensors.

I had to leave truck at a Ford dealer 300 miles from home and rent a car.

Searching the internet, Ford had problems with these and maybe still does. Hard to gauge.

Depending upon the software level in the ECM it can stop the engine or go into limp mode.

I am considering carrying a spare and a 13mm wrench and OBDII scanner.

Does anyone know how big a problem it is with a 2015 Powerstroke. Don't want to overreact if mine is a fluke.

Have you tried reading or posting over at Powerstroke.org ?
I have a wrench and spare cam sensor in the glove box for my 99

Last edited:
I frequent TheDieselStop, Powerstoke, and a few others and have not seen a widespread problem with this being posted. Of course, there are failures, but it not something that you need to be overly concerned about if the forums are any indication.

Have not heard of it being too widespread...but when they happen it is a pain for folks being stranded. I carry a spare with wrench and a diagram of where all sensors are with their error codes. The cab & chassis layout is different from the pickups. Also having a scan reader is important to pull which EGT sensor it is. I have heard some of the sensors can get stuck and a torch is handy in removing them.

Originally Posted By: mbacfp
Have not heard of it being too widespread...but when they happen it is a pain for folks being stranded. I carry a spare with wrench and a diagram of where all sensors are with their error codes. The cab & chassis layout is different from the pickups. Also having a scan reader is important to pull which EGT sensor it is. I have heard some of the sensors can get stuck and a torch is handy in removing them.

I have thought of unscrewing all of the sensors and applying some never-seize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back